Brand New 20" LSG Offset On Its Way As Promised - Only Ordered 13 Days Ago!

I work for a freight company and anything that hits our dock before 10:00am will be delivered that day. But then again we’re the best freight company out there. Lol
Old Dominion? They were awesome delivering my last cooker.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The smoker was packed on Monday. It took until late Thursday afternoon to show up somewhere in Arkansas, and late this afternoon (Friday) finally to Rockford, IL. Four days to complete a 16-hour drive. No chance I see this thing before middle of next week.

Probably for the better. I have a big paper due next Friday and the last thing I need is my new toy showing up when I have to choose between firing it up or passing my class. :roll:

As promised, the new 20" offset pits that LSG just redesigned and rolled out 15 days ago are coming fast off the presses.

While I'm guessing this will certainly slow down a bit once the orders start flowing in, mine was finished this afternoon (Thursday, May 31) just 13 days after ordering. The initial estimate of 1-2 weeks was spot on. They had subsequently revised that to 2-3 weeks, but that longer estimate never came to fruition.

Bottom line: I ordered the brand new 20"x42" LSG offset on Friday, May 18, and it was finished today - 13 days later. That is unheard of. The 24"x36" I was considering previously would have been done in mid-September if the 14-week timeline for those held.

I'd have been thrilled with a new smoker by the 4th of July, but it looks like I might have it by the 4th of June!

Already planning some review videos for y'all. Will keep you posted.

Pics would be...nice.

I want to see it. Anyone else??

Damn nice turnaround on that.

How long have you been working for LSG???:laugh:

Pics would be...nice.

I want to see it. Anyone else??

Damn nice turnaround on that.

How long have you been working for LSG???:laugh:

Planning to do one better.....video review! Ordered a tripod and hoping to turn this into a small series of short review videos on YouTube. Won't be fancy, but will try to cover all the bases that guys on here would want to see up close.

The thing FINALLY left Bolingbrook, Illinois tonight. Really getting frustrated with the freight company. It sat in TX for almost two days after loading, took the rest of last week just to make it to IL, then sat in IL all weekend and only got dispatched at 10 PM tonight. Next it says it's going to Hudson, WI. If they do another two day truck switch there I'm going to have a hard time keeping my grey matter under 104 degrees.

Ain't you got a Paper to be Writing or a Big Test to Study For..........? Just have your wife hypnotize you and forget you ever ordered a Smoker and then she can surprise you with it after the freight companies get Done cooking on it......

Ain't you got a Paper to be Writing or a Big Test to Study For..........? Just have your wife hypnotize you and forget you ever ordered a Smoker and then she can surprise you with it after the freight companies get Done cooking on it......

I have both, actually :) But that does NOT mean I don't have an hour to relax on the BBQ forum each evening and belly ache!!!

I mean, who cares if I can cook on her this week or not.....but I still want to be able to walk out to the garage and drool. Besides, the sooner I get her, the sooner you guys get some review vids. :thumb:

LSG 20 X 36 Smoker

I ordered a new 20 X 36 LSG offset May 16 and it is supposed to be ready this week. That is close to 4 weeks from order to finish. I did tell them I was in no hurry though.
Luckily I live about 1 1/2 hour drive from LSG so I am hoping a trip to pick it up is in the plans for this weekend!

Excited to get it and try it out.

Rik Rok

Home made LARGE electric/ wood chip smoker
22.5 WSM (for sale now)
22.5 Weber Kettle
Smokey Joe

I ordered a new 20 X 36 LSG offset May 16 and it is supposed to be ready this week. That is close to 4 weeks from order to finish. I did tell them I was in no hurry though.
Luckily I live about 1 1/2 hour drive from LSG so I am hoping a trip to pick it up is in the plans for this weekend!

Excited to get it and try it out.

Rik Rok

Home made LARGE electric/ wood chip smoker
22.5 WSM (for sale now)
22.5 Weber Kettle
Smokey Joe

Congratulations on your new smoker. Exciting stuff!

What freight company is this?
I want to stay as far away from them as possible.

As promised, the new 20" offset pits that LSG just redesigned and rolled out 15 days ago are coming fast off the presses.

While I'm guessing this will certainly slow down a bit once the orders start flowing in, mine was finished this afternoon (Thursday, May 31) just 13 days after ordering. The initial estimate of 1-2 weeks was spot on. They had subsequently revised that to 2-3 weeks, but that longer estimate never came to fruition.

Bottom line: I ordered the brand new 20"x42" LSG offset on Friday, May 18, and it was finished today - 13 days later. That is unheard of. The 24"x36" I was considering previously would have been done in mid-September if the 14-week timeline for those held.

I'd have been thrilled with a new smoker by the 4th of July, but it looks like I might have it by the 4th of June!

Already planning some review videos for y'all. Will keep you posted.

I ordered the same model on the same day but I placed my order around 3pm Central. I was given a lead time of 3 weeks. Mine was finished yesterday so it took 25 days. I also had a custom graphic added so that may have added a few days to the job. I’m hoping to receive the tracking info tomorrow.

Last edited:
The thing FINALLY left Bolingbrook, Illinois tonight. Really getting frustrated with the freight company. It sat in TX for almost two days after loading, took the rest of last week just to make it to IL, then sat in IL all weekend and only got dispatched at 10 PM tonight. Next it says it's going to Hudson, WI. If they do another two day truck switch there I'm going to have a hard time keeping my grey matter under 104 degrees.

When that thing ships, it goes LTL (Less Than Truckload). The truck is picking up and dropping off other items, making stops and waiting for those along the way. Theres probably someone out there who had something on the truck before yours was picked up and they wont get it til after you received yours. Thats just the way trucking works.

When that thing ships, it goes LTL (Less Than Truckload). The truck is picking up and dropping off other items, making stops and waiting for those along the way. Theres probably someone out there who had something on the truck before yours was picked up and they wont get it til after you received yours. Thats just the way trucking works.

Dang, I was hoping to receive mine in CA before the 4th of July but now I’m having doubts considering that it hasn’t even left LSG in TX yet.

What freight company is this?
I want to stay as far away from them as possible.

Roadrunner. I found out after it was too late that they are known for being the cheapest, but also the slowest. I can't complain too much....I'd have stuck with them anyways to get it shipped as cheaply as possible. But next time I'm at least asking who the next cheapest is!

You're right, it's precisely how it's worked. There have been three separate two-day segments when my stuff hasn't moved at all. It would be super helpful if companies gave you an idea of what to expect rather than just saying "It's on its way!" For guys who know nothing about how trucking works, and live less than a 20-hour drive from the smoker fabricator, that sounds like, "It'll be there in a few days!" I would have thought that one 5-day work week was plenty to go that distance. Eight days and counting for a 1,200 mile trip is not at all what I'd have expected. I understand now that my expectations were not realistic to begin with, but that's why it would help for the smoker company or freight company to help frame expectations rather than giving no indication whatsoever of timing.

I ordered the same model on the same day but I placed my order around 3pm Central. I was given a lead time of 3 weeks. Mine was finished yesterday so it took 25 days. I also had a custom graphic added so that may have added a few days to the job. I’m hoping to receive the tracking info tomorrow.

Congrats! Mine is scheduled to be be delivered on Friday. In fairness, I want to say they offered to deliver it Thursday but I could not be home in their delivery window. So, all in all, the delivery from Texas to Minnesota came in at ten days from pickup at LSG to drop off at my home.

Back