First smoke with GMG Daniel Boone

chefpyro116

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Howdy all,
I just purchased a Daniel Boone pellet smoker and had a couple questions about using it. I've used a WSM before buying this pellet smoker. I wanna cook some ribs for the family I've been promising since the weather is warming up here.
1. How long should I let them go for? In my WSM I let them go 4-5 hours at 250F.
2. Does using a rib rack have any effect on the cook time? I might be cooking 6 racks at a time.
3. Are there any certain temps people use for ribs? like 225 of 250?
Thanks for the tips and help.
Cheers!
Jeremy

I also have a GMGDB and know temps aren't necessarily even or accurate. I use a few Taylor oven therms to see my hotspots. I'm also heading out now to get my GMG started for ribs. ..I would say get that temp close to what your used to cooking them at. Good luck with your new GMG. ...make a batch of toast to see your hotspots.

Hey Jeremy- Congrats on your new pellet pooper! On mine, I like to keep things ultra simple. Baby backs take about 5-6 hours and St Louis spares about 6-7. I prefer to cook mine super low n slow at around 220-225°. I do not wrap at all. About 2 hours into the cook, I start spritzing every 30-45 mins with 50/50 ACV/apple juice. They always turn out great (to our liking). Suoer tender with just a little bite left to them. Sometimes I glaze the last hour, sometimes I don’t. I can tell you this though... after having cooked ribs with gas, charcoal, wood and pellets... pellet smoked ribs are my favorite :) Here’s some I recently did.
5998b05add6db1cb5a9c6f31f265108a.jpg

Wow!

:mod:
Hey Jeremy- Congrats on your new pellet pooper! On mine, I like to keep things ultra simple. Baby backs take about 5-6 hours and St Louis spares about 6-7. I prefer to cook mine super low n slow at around 220-225°. I do not wrap at all. About 2 hours into the cook, I start spritzing every 30-45 mins with 50/50 ACV/apple juice. They always turn out great (to our liking). Suoer tender with just a little bite left to them. Sometimes I glaze the last hour, sometimes I don’t. I can tell you this though... after having cooked ribs with gas, charcoal, wood and pellets... pellet smoked ribs are my favorite :) Here’s some I recently did.
5998b05add6db1cb5a9c6f31f265108a.jpg

Those look amazing!!! I'll give it a try wedneday and let u all know how it comes out. Thanks for the tips.

Back