MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #1
Shirtless Mike
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Default 72 Hours in Kansas City

I'm going to be making my first trek out to KC next Monday and I'm looking to jam as much BBQ into my week as is physically possible. I'll be going to Arthur Bryants, because I feel like I have to, and I'll be going to Oklahoma Joes, because a buddy insists it is the best BBQ in KC (I've heard conflicting reports).

I'm looking to supplement these two stops with some good hole-in-the-wall BBQ joints. I'm prepared to eat 'que for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so the more suggestions, the merrier. I'm from the east coast and I've done most of my serious BBQ-eating in the Southeastern VA/Eastern NC region, so this is going to be an eye-opener for me.

Thanks for the help.
Shirtless Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2010, 01:02 PM   #2
LoveMeSomeQ
Got Wood.

http://www.jackstackbbq.com/

This has been the best place i've ever eaten at. I'm from Chicago so there is nothing to choose from out here. but when i was in KC i went there and it was awesome. I believe its a bit on the expensive side though.
LoveMeSomeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #3
Rookie'48
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Rosedale's ..... 'nuff said
Judge Number 6 competition BBQ team

Possibly the only judge ever to get an award from a bunch of cooks

UDS 075 UCB WSM and a bunch of other stuff.
Rookie'48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
smknwhlswife
is One Chatty Farker

Here is a little list.

Smokin Guns, BB's Lawnside, LC's BBQ, Gates BBQ, Smokehouse BBQ, Wyandotte BBQ, Rosedale BBQ, Quick's Seventh St BBQ, RJ's Bob Be Que Shack, Johnny's Hickory House, Ricky's Bar-B-Q

Smoke On Wheels www.smokeonwheels.com

Yoder Cookers YS-640 & YS-480 & YS-1320 / Coming Soon* YS Q-Kitchen with YS-1500, YS-640 & YS-Charcoal Grill/ $25 Hasty-bake Model 410 / Weber Kettles
smknwhlswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:47 PM   #5
bob80001
On the road to being a farker

I'm also a big fan of Okie Joe's...I prefer the 47th & Mission location myself, but that's just me. Also you could try Danny Edwards. I haven't been there since they moved from the 12th & Grand location to SW Blvd.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
Bigdog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smknwhlswife View Post
Here is a little list.

Smokin Guns, BB's Lawnside, LC's BBQ, Gates BBQ, Smokehouse BBQ, Wyandotte BBQ, Rosedale BBQ, Quick's Seventh St BBQ, RJ's Bob Be Que Shack, Johnny's Hickory House, Ricky's Bar-B-Q
Great list. My suggestion is to do places like LC's for lunch as it's not in a very good area and then do places like BB's Lawnside for dinner. Great blues, ok BBQ. Check their website for bands and times.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:15 AM   #7
Bigmista
somebody shut me the fark up.

Skip Arthur Bryant's. It was my first stop when I went to the Royal. Severely disappointing. It ain't BBQ but make a trek to the original Stroud's for the Pan-fried chicken. Worth the trip.

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Restaurant