MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-22-2018, 05:52 PM   #16
TheBBQJew
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : BBQ Jew

I just moved to NY and that’s the local BBQ joint. It’s the chain. I had to try it once. Brisket was horrible. Pulled pork same. Sausage is the best I ever had! I’ll go back and get a 1lb link if I get the urge. Was hoping it was still available in groceries or Walmart. If you ever get a chance stop in to Dickey’s and try One. I don’t think you will be disappointed. Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll try to get them and try me out!
TheBBQJew is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2018, 06:10 PM   #17
TXNewbie
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBBQJew View Post
I just moved to NY and that’s the local BBQ joint. It’s the chain. I had to try it once. Brisket was horrible. Pulled pork same. Sausage is the best I ever had! I’ll go back and get a 1lb link if I get the urge. Was hoping it was still available in groceries or Walmart. If you ever get a chance stop in to Dickey’s and try One. I don’t think you will be disappointed. Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll try to get them and try me out!
Wow. Good to know about the sausage. I'm glad we agree on the quality of the rest of their offerings. :)
TXNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2018, 07:07 PM   #18
SyraQue
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Josh

In a previous thread you said you were in the Adirondack region of upstate NY. If you are still there head to Croghan NY. The Croghan Meat Market makes a variety of high quality sausages.

If you are back in the city, no clue. Has to be some meat market down there making good stuff.
SyraQue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2018, 07:26 PM   #19
TheBBQJew

Name/Nickname : BBQ Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraQue View Post
In a previous thread you said you were in the Adirondack region of upstate NY. If you are still there head to Croghan NY. The Croghan Meat Market makes a variety of high quality sausages.

If you are back in the city, no clue. Has to be some meat market down there making good stuff.
Thanks Josh but I’m not driving 5 hours for meat from Lake Placid!
TheBBQJew is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2018, 01:19 AM   #20
SyraQue
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Josh

If you're in Placid I really got nothin. Pretty town, but not much in the way of food/food procurement options.
SyraQue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2018, 03:57 AM   #21
andre2955
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Adams View Post
Slovacek makes several varieties of sausage, but to me the Garlic is the best. When my son was at A&M I would bring home 15-20# each trip.

Cheese in sausage is not my thing. I like different mustard on my sausage and my taste buds cringe at the mix of mustard and cheese. I mean I’ll eat it, but not if another non cheese is available. Beer, that’s another requirement:-))

Hickory Smoked Slovacek Garlic.

https://www.slovacek.com/locations/austin-area/

There are a crapton Of great sausage makers in Texas. Both raw and smoked. I’ve had bad-good-great all at the same place. I prefer raw and cook myself, but there are some damn solid presmoked too.
^^^^^^^
This is my families favorite also. Have to bring it up by cooler full when visiting brother-in-law in Norman, OK. Since moving from TX to OK he can't get it any more.

[I]Large BGE
Weber Kettle
Bradley Electric Smoker - Retired
Charbroil Gas - Retired

Thermaworks Smoke
[COLOR="Red"]Thermapen[/COLOR]
Maverick - Retired[/I]
andre2955 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2018, 08:09 AM   #22
smoke ninja
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMadMan View Post
Being you are in NY, you might be able to find Conecuh Sausage at some stores.

I've never had Dickey's (never been to one), but I love Conecuh Sausage, their hickory smoked hot sausage is great, but they don't have a cheddar variety that i have seen locally.

conecuh is my favorite sausage. their distribution is weird here and it's only available in one of the 3 counties in out tri county area.

as for dickies, I walked into one once but panicked when in line and left. had arby's for lunch that day

Old 09-23-2018, 08:16 AM   #23
Ylouder

Conecuh or death.

I’ve tried dozens of different brands from all around the country, conecuh is the best. Full stop.

We don’t get it in Oklahoma so I rather stock up when we go to Alabama or have them ship it to me. If you order from them during winter you can get two day shipping which is a fraction of their overnight cost. Only bad thing is I’ve turned friends and family onto it and people are always asking to take a package home!
Ylouder is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-23-2018, 08:19 AM   #24
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

If you find yourself passing thru Amarillo check Champions BBQ Supply. They’ve had Conecuh last several times I’ve walked by. Freezer by front door.