You're All Invited to The Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash 10-27-2018

I was just wondering. Is there any racoons in Live Oak. Some of our parks have very "brave" to say the least coons. Just trying to figure out how to manage a cooler of meat and my drum. And the beverage cooler of course!

There are coons all over TX, but you'll be ok. The rattlesnakes wil be out in such great numbers, you don't need to worry annot raccoons. ;)

Bring on the rattlers! I'm sure somebody, if not all, in the group has a recipe for rattlesnake.

This is the third year I've planned on being there. Unexpected company prevented attending the first 2, but I'm gonna at least make an appearance this year.

Question: Does anybody just set up a Weber and cook burgers or bacon or whatnot for the crowd? I'm not sure the War Department will let me out for long enough to really smoke a pork butt and a brisket is out of the question. Maybe I'll do some wings or chicken quarters.

I'll also bring a few bottles of my version of Carolina BBQ sauce in case anyone wants to try it on pork or chicken.

This is the third year I've planned on being there. Unexpected company prevented attending the first 2, but I'm gonna at least make an appearance this year.

Question: Does anybody just set up a Weber and cook burgers or bacon or whatnot for the crowd? I'm not sure the War Department will let me out for long enough to really smoke a pork butt and a brisket is out of the question. Maybe I'll do some wings or chicken quarters.

I'll also bring a few bottles of my version of Carolina BBQ sauce in case anyone wants to try it on pork or chicken.
Bob... just stop by for a little bit. Hang out with us. We have plenty of food. We'd love to try that sauce though... :heh: we have grills if you want to do a quick cook too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was hoping to make it out that way this year, but just got asked to work on 10/27. A longtime, good client - extra cash - gotta do it! Bummed to be missing it, but y'all farkers have fun & hopefully I'll catch y'all on the next one.
We'll hold one just for you in the spring since you can't make this one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

:hungry: :whoo:

...gonna have to find my extra stomach before then...:shocked:

Greg, sorry ya can't make this one but hope to see ya at future bashes.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back