• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

"Keto Inspired" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, Feb. 22nd!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Keto Inspired!"

vZ7KyTh.jpg

Keto Styled Nashville Hot Style-Fried Chicken, courtesy of joshw, featured HERE.

As chosen by chingador for winning the "Cooked with Booze" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

chingador said:
[FONT=&quot]We've done many different kinds of Throwdowns before, but never a Keto! Keto diets are basically high protein low carb diets that help the body burn fat more efficiently.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You can learn more here:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Everything You Can Eat On The Keto Diet

[FONT=&quot]You can make anything you want, but you MUST choose from the "always" list in this link for everything you use in your entry, so items from the "sometimes" and "never" list are strictly off limits. Finally, no rubs and or sauces that contain sugar. While this is an open category, standard Throwdown rules apply, of course.[/FONT]

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 2/5 through Monday 2/22.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 2/22.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
I already know what and it's on the always list. :becky:

This TD should be interesting as we have been on a bit of a diet ourselves trying to shed so pounds before boat season.

Super Bowl Grub should hurt us this weekend though.

5195134d75e111dd44403ccc02b894c8--bacon.jpg

Okay here is a Keto super bowl platter. St. Louis spares and loin back ribs rubbed with Sir Pork A Lot rib rub (great stuff!) and basted with sherry garlic butter with yellow mustard and celery tops. Sliced Brie, guacamole and black olives. Healthy fats are extremely important in Keto and pretty sure I have it covered.

No cook thread as it has been a crazy day.

Please accept this picture as my official entry in this TD

Attachments

• 53240E0E-ED61-44DD-A08D-7DC5C2BAD08B.jpg
    53240E0E-ED61-44DD-A08D-7DC5C2BAD08B.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 302
Yup! Chit ton you can do. Not like it's a Tofu throwdown. :biggrin1:

You can make all sorts of cool/odd stuff for Keto meals. How about an egg & cheese breakfast sandwich made with chaffles that are themselves made out of egg & cheese.

440cal, 2g carbs, 35g fat, 29g protien.

AAp9uKBl.jpg

Yup! Chit ton you can do. Not like it's a Tofu throwdown. :biggrin1:

Yep, Keto is basically ultra low carb, high fat, medium protein. So no bread, pasta, rice, fruit, etc. Bacon good, eggs good, steak good, burgers, seafood, veggies cooked in lots of butter or bacon grease, etc. etc.

I thought it was... did I do something wrong? lol

Yes. Please read the rules for the throwdowns, which can be found HERE

in particular rule 1 -

[FONT=&quot]1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] To enter a Throwdown you MUST clearly state at the BEGINNING of your post that you intend for your post to be an official entry into the Throwdown, and it must be clear that the moderator understands your intention, for example: "Please accept this as my entry into this Throwdown". ANY post that does NOT state this intent at the beginning of their post, or does not say so in a clear enough manner for the moderator to understand WILL NOT be included in the Voting for that Throwdown.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Things get very confusing if you don't tell me its an entry. People post random things in these threads all the time. I don't have time to ask every one if its an entry. Was Andy's post of a waffle thingy an entry? Luckily he posted a proper entry and labeled it as such so I know the other post was not. Make sense?[/FONT][/FONT]

Yes. Please read the rules for the throwdowns, which can be found HERE

in particular rule 1 -

[FONT=&quot]1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] To enter a Throwdown you MUST clearly state at the BEGINNING of your post that you intend for your post to be an official entry into the Throwdown, and it must be clear that the moderator understands your intention, for example: "Please accept this as my entry into this Throwdown". ANY post that does NOT state this intent at the beginning of their post, or does not say so in a clear enough manner for the moderator to understand WILL NOT be included in the Voting for that Throwdown.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Things get very confusing if you don't tell me its an entry. People post random things in these threads all the time. I don't have time to ask every one if its an entry. Was Andy's post of a waffle thingy an entry? Luckily he posted a proper entry and labeled it as such so I know the other post was not. Make sense?[/FONT][/FONT]

Easy enough... thanks! Didn’t realize us guys were expected to read rules... lol.

I don't understand what's not to like? Post a steak. Or ribs. Or chicken. Or Brisket. Or pulled pork. Pretty much everything we do here is keto! lol

My wife just got condemned by her doctor to a NO SALT diet. Changes everything. Rethinking all that we buy and cook.

As for me...
How can I make a sandwich without carbs?

I don't understand what's not to like? Post a steak. Or ribs. Or chicken. Or Brisket. Or pulled pork. Pretty much everything we do here is keto! lol

Honestly I was just trying to joke around.

Just a quick reminder as it relates to what you can and can't include in your entry per Chingador's category description:

Everything You Can Eat On The Keto Diet

[FONT=&quot]You can make anything you want, but you MUST choose from the "always" list in this link for everything you use in your entry, so items from the "sometimes" and "never" list are strictly off limits. Finally, no rubs and or sauces that contain sugar. While this is an open category, standard Throwdown rules apply, of course.[/FONT]

Back