Reheating Brisket

gellar76

Reaction score
My dad asked me to cook a brisket for his Father's Day meal. My plan is to smoke the brisket on Saturday for the meal on Sunday at lunch. What do you guys think is the best way to reheat it? I was thinking of taking it off a few degrees early, wrapping it in foil, storing it in the oven (turned off, of course), and reheating it in the oven Sunday morning. Would this be ok, or would I be better served to light up the smoker again and heat it that way?

Thanks for any advice and Happy (early) Father's Day to all you dads!

I have fulled cooked briskets and froze them whole.

I put the frozen brisket in a ceramic bowl with a lid and pop it in the oven around 250* until heated through. I also add the saved drippings and a little water if needed.

Since yours will be from the fridge...

You can probably do the same. I would also not slice it until it is ready to serve. Re-heating a sliced brisky runs a risk of drying it out.

I smoked about 30 pounds of brisket for my wife's birthday a couple of years ago. What I did was smoke it the day before, then the day of the party I placed it in an electric roaster with a small amount of water in the bottom at 250 degrees. Worked out really well and the brisket was a big hit.

Do not store it in the oven until the next morning. This will allow the meat to sit in the "Temperature Danger Zone" for a long period of time. Afer taking it off the smoker chill to under 41 degrees as fast as possible (do not use the freezer). Once the brisky is chilled you can wrap and store in the refrigerator until Sunday morning.

Double wrap HD foil and a cooler with NO DEAD SPACE (fill with newspaper or towels) will keep that meat hot a LONG time (I've gone 6 hours plus and it still burned my fingers). Pop it on the oven for 20 for a touch up, good to go.

If you mean like 12 hours? Wrap whole in HD foil (double), fridge. 30 Minutes before serve, stick it in the oven at 350-400. You can also vacu-suck whole and fridge. Put in a boiling pit of water to heat.

smoke it all the way till done, then wrap in HD foil and get into fridge save some of the juices. Next day heat up juices and open foil and dump the juices in, put in oven on 225 if you have time and stick a probe in it pull it out at about 175 and serve, its OK because you cooked it till done the day before, you can go to 195 if you like but will have same result the connective tissue is already broken down from the original cook.:thumb:

Back