So I'm gonna be on TV....

nachos4life

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Hey Brethren!

Just wanted to share because its crazy how life happens sometimes... started catering BBQ a few years ago and doing pop-ups with my Shirley. Always went really well. Did a few comps and got some calls here and there. I eventually got a trailer for competitions and got it licensed as a food truck in January. We started doing vending and the food truck thing, and it has been awesome. Just part time for now.

Anyway out of the blue I get a call from a TV production company and next thing I know I'm on set filming an episode of Big Bad BBQ Brawl on the cooking channel. I am the host's "sous chef/Indianapolis insider" for the episode. My business should hopefully get pimped some. But anyway it was really, really, fun and I learned a lot from the host, Shannon. Tune in when it airs on 10/24 if so inclined!

Season 2, Episode 13
TV Dinner BBQ Brawl
Brooklyn Pitmaster, Shannon Ambrosio heads to Indianapolis, to challenge local barbecue favorites, His Place Eatery, in a smoked meatloaf challenge served TV dinner style! With help from Chris Morrison from Black Metal BBQ, these two aim to impress the judges and beat the competition with their "Brooklyn-ized" take on BBQ smoked meatloaf. You've never seen TV dinners like this before!

Congratulations Nachos! I actually watch that show pretty regularly, but I'll be sure to tune in on the 24th! Is Big Rich not on the show anymore?

That's awesome!! I watch that show on my lunch break a lot. The people I work with think I'm nuts... I watch food shows while eating food. Anyway, can't wait to see! Congrats!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Congratulations Nachos! I actually watch that show pretty regularly, but I'll be sure to tune in on the 24th! Is Big Rich not on the show anymore?

From what I was told he couldn't do it this season for whatever reason. He was always pretty funny!

thanks everyone! I hope they don't edit me totally out or something.. haha. My face is actually in the intro sequence of this season for just a second. I was watching it and it freaked me out.

Your business name is Black Metal BBQ? Like the music (Darkthrone, Mayhem, etc)? Awesome! Now I know what to look for if I'm ever down the road in Indy. I'd watch, but alas, I cut the TV cord a couple years ago. If it streams, let me know. Congrats

Very cool. Congrats and good luck on the acquired business bump. I catch that show pretty regularly and will put a reminder in my phone so I won't miss it.

Cool! We record those and watch them as time allows. Some friends from Chicago Culinary Kitchen were on the last episode (Italian Beef Battle) and won, and another friend, Duce Raymond from Sweet Baby Ray’s restaurant, is going to be on an upcoming episode.

Love stories like this! Good deal. And good luck with your BBQ business. Something I've been kicking around as doing part-time also.

Back