• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Shirley Fabrication or Stumps RF Smoker

3 year wait for a SF? Oh man am I feeling nauseous all of the sudden. I hope the new shop they are building cuts that lead time down.

3 year wait for a SF? Oh man am I feeling nauseous all of the sudden. I hope the new shop they are building cuts that lead time down.

There's two SF trailer pits in the classifieds, and St. Louis BBQ store has two patio models back in stock one of those has a warmer ~strike while the iron is hot!

I've seen those at St.Louis BBQ Store. Unfortunately they aren't in stock.

Your right! I noticed those two last week and when you click on the icon to see what's in stock you get your lunch money taken away.

~You'd look good towing a trailer pit to the family reunion!

Your right! I noticed those two last week and when you click on the icon to see what's in stock you get your lunch money taken away.

~You'd look good towing a trailer pit to the family reunion!
Trailer model would be too big for me. I'm thinking the 24x42 patio model with a single door and 3/8 inch firebox.

Trailer model would be too big for me. I'm thinking the 24x42 patio model with a single door and 3/8 inch firebox.

The 42's are sweet pit's, ton's of space on those I started out with Shirley 42 and loved it.

Some Shirley Fabrication 42" stuffed Poblano pepper Pron!

qmqySLrl.jpg

SnAve8Ml.jpg

rrgjxFil.jpg

InThePitBBQ.. Man great post!! Reading made me make my decision. I forgot to mention I bought a refurbished Platinum 5 that I am waiting on the Stump boys to finish. The SF I am looking at is on a trailer and I will be making a move VERY SOON! I know that the product that comes off stick burners is AMAZING.
I will be making this happen!! Not much catering from the SF. Just for the ambiance, the purist feel & the difference in experience.

The Stumps Platinum works very, its ALOT of metal to worm up!! I like the insulated chamber because here in SoFlo we get very random weather. I figured the insulated cabinet would up over the metal and getting caught in a rainstorm.

InThePitBBQ.. Man great post!! Reading made me make my decision. I forgot to mention I bought a refurbished Platinum 5 that I am waiting on the Stump boys to finish. The SF I am looking at is on a trailer and I will be making a move VERY SOON! I know that the product that comes off stick burners is AMAZING.
I will be making this happen!! Not much catering from the SF. Just for the ambiance, the purist feel & the difference in experience.

The Stumps Platinum works very, its ALOT of metal to worm up!! I like the insulated chamber because here in SoFlo we get very random weather. I figured the insulated cabinet would up over the metal and getting caught in a rainstorm.

Congrats you'll really enjoy cooking on it for family and friends and you'll find uses for that trailer pit to travel with it every now and then.

Having it on a trailer frame with road tires makes it much easier to move around even if it's just at the house, part of the magic with a Shirley Fab is the amount of steel and weight that's in it, you'd be surprised at how fast the heat recover's after the doors have been opened with an insulated firebox.

You might want to grab a dolly with 16" tires and a 1K pound rating, makes moving it around on improved surfaces easy.

SlehbhGl.jpg

Also, those insulated firebox's do much better with very small splits most of us are using a product called the Kindling Cracker distributed by Northern Tool. There's an XL version that came out recently and it's more versatile than the smaller one but it makes getting normal sized splits down to the width of a soda can really fast and easy you can fill a wheelbarrow in 10 minutes.

You can use that cracker to bust down straight grain stuff for 1" kindling pieces to start the cooker with, handful of hot charcoal out of a starter chimney dumped into the fire basket and a bunch of that kindling starts the cooker off with clean hot transparent smoke and it comes right up to temp fast that way without rolling coal on the neighbors.

mihtyHjl.jpg

Have fun with it, start a thread when you get it home looking forward to seeing some cooks on it!

just be patient on him getting back real quick and has been on a well needed vacation to reload .:wink: he will be playing catch up for a bit with the amout of emails they get daily .

Back