Favorite Steak Cut?

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I know it’s soup stew chili season, but I enjoy a good steak. I have a friend who refuses to eat anything but filet, another who only eats ribeye. The only part gets me. I seldom buy filet, when I do it’s just as likely to be pounded flat and chicken fried. I probably buy more Ribeye than anything. But just sitting here pondering, I think I like the Porterhouse the best overall. Not dissing the others, but porterhouses are a nice blend of soft meat and a beefier side. Beef with a beef dessert.

I do like a good ribeye- side by side I’d take the porterhouse

Porterhouse is the best of both worlds but you better be hungry.

Ribeye is a staple!

Ribeye is my go to steak. I'll get a tri-tip or skirt steak if I want a different cut of beef. T-bones and Porterhouses are good, but I prefer a more marbled cut than the strip or filet provide.

NY strip here. Ribeye is too fatty and tenderloin can be mushy and even dry.

Favorite? Chuck eye!

They’re hard to find around here though so I’ve been known to go through the case at Sam’s and buy chuck roasts that have the eye in them, cut the eye out and grind the rest. Desperate times call for desperate measures...

Favorite? Chuck eye!

They’re hard to find around here though so I’ve been known to go through the case at Sam’s and buy chuck roasts that have the eye in them, cut the eye out and grind the rest. Desperate times call for desperate measures...

Almost as hard to find as a unicorn :-D But they are great!

Overall I'd have to say Ribeye. Porterhouse and strip are also good, Filet Mignon is lower down on my list.

I have also been enjoying some of the lesser known cuts (Flatiron, flap steak, flank steak) once in a while for a change of pace.

I am happy with Filet or Ribeye. But these days, I prefer NY Strip over both of them. Second choice would be Picanha.

Mainly, it all depends on what looks best in the butcher's case.

I would have to say that rib eye is my go to steak. But, sometimes the wife buys steaks without me around so it can vary greatly. I'm still trying to teach her how to pick out a good steak.

Like several different kinds but Ribeye has to be my favorite. In SC they are outrageous at $9.99/lb. So don't get them too often around here (whatever is on sale).

Pork Chop. :laugh:
But if I have to pick beef, I will go with the Ribeye. I have eaten a good porterhouse to.

Nothing beats a perfectly dry-aged filet cooked rare. I enjoy almost every cut but this is my favorite.

T-Bone, Porterhouse then a Rib Eye. I enjoy the fat as much as the meat. If there is anything left on my plate, except for a bone if it started with one after I eat a steak I feel it was a poor piece of beef.

Ribeye, but NY Strip is on sale a lot more often so I get it more. Honestly, though (and it isn't typically what you would think of as "steak") I really love a thin pan seared chuck steak AKA breakfast steak.

I probably eat more ribeye but like a good sirloin. tbone and porterhouse are also good, I be hard pressed to pick just 1 because It changes from day to day/.

Filet then Ribeye for me, cooked med. rare. My wife wont eat any fat, which is okay because i will eat hers too, but we end up with Filet most of the time. I also like my steak thick, 2 inches minimum unless i am eating it for breakfast.

Back