barrel house cooker fan club?

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
well I've had the bhc about a year now and the results are in. I absolutely love this thing. I know the sketchy past but at $90 I couldn't resist

Za2HgMZh.jpg

the price has alot to due with this. there are a few things I'm not sure about when it comes to quality. coating seems to be chipping from around the handles. theres a dent from when the lid dropped, poor hook design, leaves grease on the outside of the barrel. theres alot of rust on the bottom, it needs some attention. also the thermometer has fogged up some, it seems fairly accurate but who reads temps anyway.

UoaQ65Rh.jpg

HZdi8sSh.jpg

cxXngj6h.jpg

so on with what I like about it, we all know hanging drums cook a mean yardbird but there are other pluses. the grate sits low, I rigged up an upper rack for more capacity and the ability to get away from fire even add a diffuser.

VysmajWh.jpg

2omCU84h.jpg

it does well in hibachi mode too

LSj1ZVeh.jpg

sliders anyone?

lH06RYfh.jpg

Q6eOYich.jpg

it also excels with ribs, and I love ribs

6xbQ2Z4h.jpg

3vO3z7vh.jpg

eHScP5Lh.jpg

all in all this is a better, more versatile cooker than I expected. it is a fuel miser, doesn't need to be fiddled with and is even small enough to be portable yet has a surprising capacity large enough to feed a crowd

Mine was assembled by Walmart so I thought I'd have issues. None so far. How is grease getting on the outside?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I got mine for $45, but it ended up costing me around $1000. I liked that little booger so much I decided I needed a Hunsaker. Don't regret it. The BHC is sitting under a cover, but I need to give it a whirl again.

Mine was assembled by Walmart so I thought I'd have issues. None so far. How is grease getting on the outside?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

when you hang the lid on the rim it leans against the side, its left a stained strip. the hook is also incorporated into the therm and that's how I dinged the lid. instead of the hook it caught on the probes end then fell. all the handles also were loose and need to be tightened up recently. it's just not the same quality as my 18 wsm I had, i figured they should be a good comparison....same size and msrp

My wife brought one home last year.
She got it at Walmart for $50.

I haven't taken it out of the box yet.
Just haven't had the time for it. If it works as well as my Pit Barrel, which it should,
it was a steal at $50.

I think they went out of business. I saw a post on the FB PBC group about it a few months ago. I just went to their website and everything says "temporarily unavailable" so it doesn't look like you can buy anything from them.

How did y'all get these for such low prices? I have been intrigued, but don't want to throw down $350 when I already have a WSM.

Walmart cleared out their stock last year (or early this year) at really low prices.

Back