Topless Turkey Pot Pie ~ Lazy Man Style Comfort Food

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
For this month's Lazy Man Meal Throwdown I decided to roll with a meal that comes together in less than an hour (or two beers in lazy man time). My assortment of pre-made and pre-packaged items are below. Not shown is some diced onion, diced carrots, and a couple of tablespoons of flour.

RxMPUdR.jpg

At 9°F, it's pretty easy to see which cooker I plan on using.

c8mpM20.jpg

I went with 400° pit temp, and an indirect set-up. The onions, carrots, potatoes and broth go in first and are cooked almost tender.

8BQ4jnV.jpg

DrBZLzP.jpg

Next, the flour goes in for thickening and allowed to reduce a little.

z2lpiXz.jpg

The pot pie filling comes off the Egg, and the peas and canned turkey goes in the Dutch oven which basically rests while the biscuits bake.

IjK4117.jpg

I was too lazy to read the distructions.... but I was able to monitor the cook by peeking in the top vent, and they baked until golden.

1DU1VSZ.jpg

The only thing left was plating and watching more snow fall... then a nap.

xwuUeWS.jpg

Looks perfect for that weather you are having. I'm feeling lazy, would you bring me a bowl?

Awesome! That is quite the comfort food. Pass me a biscuit or two and a bowl, please.

The biscuits were great for dunking.

Looks like some great eats on a chilly day - or any other day!

And a chilly day it was. But that was better than the 70 mph winds the preceding days. :becky:

I've gotten a few messages and emails about the biscuit pan, so I figured I'd post here too. It's a Lodge brand and actually made for drop biscuits (hence the square sides) but it works great for canned or the frozen individual Grand biscuits. I do preheat the pan for a few minutes, and I think it's the heat surrounding each biscuit that makes them rise so well.

2IqDN78.jpg

Back