Food saver and pulled pork!

Sammy_Shuford

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have a weekend off and plan on cooking pulled pork, enough to put some up. If I pack in freezer bags with sauce and freeze; should be able to drop in crock pot to reheat and serve later.

With this work well? How long would it keep?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sauce is definitaly an option.... but apple juice or Coca Cola are good reheat liquids too. They add moisture without any tel-tale flavor, and you can always serve the warmed meat with sauce so folks can have it their way. If you have any leftover foil juice that is another great flavor addition to the bags.

I thaw my freezer bags in the fridge overnight, then reheat in a Nesco table top roaster. They get hotter than many crock pots. I use the roasting rack as a weight to keep the pouches from floating. I will fine grind some rub and sprinkle that on as the meat comes out of the bag for a bump in flavor.

c558df80.jpg

68d57132.jpg

Oh two or three ounces. I put my meat into a shallow square plastic containers, add Coke then put in the freezer until everything sets up. Maybe two hours. Then I pop it out and move into a vacuum bag and seal. This stops the machine from sucking all the juice out.

I simply drop the bag in a pot of boiling water for about 10 minutes, straight out of the freezer. As far as how long it will keep, I don't think I've ever kept any longer than 3 or 4 mos, and it was still fresh tasting.

I also just drop my bag in boiling water for 10 or 15 minutes. It is just as good as the day ot was frozen. I don't sauce before freezing. I prefer to do that after reheated. I know it will keep for at least a year, probably more. I can't say for sure since I have never kept it that long.

I freeze PP also, usually have about 5 to 10 pounds on hand, you never know. I also just drop it in boiling water until hot and then let everyone add their own sauce.

We freeze it in family-meal-size portions in ziplock bags. Sometimes with sauce, sometimes without. I defrost it in the microwave and heat it on a cookie sheet in the oven. We always eat it faster, but I don't see why it wouldn't last 9 months to a year in the freezer. 6 months is definitely no problem. I want a vacuum sealer, maybe for Christmas.

We freeze extra shoulders whole. No vac sealer so we wrap in plastic wrap thoroughly and use freezer bags. Thaw, pull (we always pull cold unless it's going directly to the eater) and reheat however it is appropriate at the time.

Back