• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What do you do with your leftovers for long term?

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I made a batch of Gumbo and a batch of Turkey and Ham Cheese Soup. Both are in individual serving containers in the deep freeze. I've got enough of these two things to a meal daily for about a month if I wanted. I'll likely spread that out longer of course!:biggrin:

What do you like to do with your Turkey day leftovers after you burn out on sandwiches? Do you finish them off, throw them out, or make something for long-term storage?

I made a batch of Gumbo and a batch of Turkey and Ham Cheese Soup. Both are in individual serving containers in the deep freeze. I've got enough of these two things to a meal daily for about a month if I wanted. I'll likely spread that out longer of course!:biggrin:

What do you like to do with your Turkey day leftovers after you burn out on sandwiches? Do you finish them off, throw them out, or make something for long-term storage?

Divide up place in vacuum seal bag freeze. Then when frozen seal the other side.

If you have a food saver, you can freeze a liquid in a container and pop it out like an ice cube into a foodsaver bag to vac seal. I do this all the time.

Foodsaver!
I picked up some cheap square food storage containers that are a little smaller than the small Foodsaver bags and I'll freeze sauces, soups and stews then pop them out and into the FS and they package up, store and reheat/boil like a charm. I'm a leftover hound and when I get into overtime mode at work these come in handy.

Foodsaver!
I picked up some cheap square food storage containers that are a little smaller than the small Foodsaver bags and I'll freeze sauces, soups and stews then pop them out and into the FS and they package up, store and reheat/boil like a charm. I'm a leftover hound and when I get into overtime mode at work these come in handy.

me like this idea!

Divide up place in vacuum seal bag freeze. Then when frozen seal the other side.

We are all on the same wave length. I just skip the other container pop out method (Good method too) and put in the freezer one side open reusable foodsaver bag. Pop in freezer overnight. The next day they are ready for sealing on the other side. Ah the days of just me and the wife. We use to do whole turkey dinners then I got a bunch of hard plastic plates from the dollar store and made my own TV dinners for later. Every Sunday I over cooked the amount of whatever we were making for more dinners for later on in the month. Evnvy of co-worker mod back then. Now I have a 13 y/o and no leftovers. :cry:

Geez, everyone just puts their turkey and ham in Foodsavers now, eh? How boring.:rolleyes: (just kidding):lol: It's a personal thing for me, but I prefer to do the foodsaver thing on meat cooked that day, I think it tastes a lot better when it is reheated if I am eating basically just the meat. For stuff that has sat in the fridge a few days, I like to make something out of it and then freeze it. Different strokes for different folks!:wink:

I hear what your saying about making the turkey into other meals. We like to make turkey pot pie, turkey and dumplins, turkey noodle soup, turkey stir fry and stuff like that.

Back