THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

littleben

Ive got an event at work coming up where we will be cooking 5 prime rib loins on pellet grills. easy to cook, yesterday I cooked one for practice, pulled it at 126 and put straight into a cooler, over the next 2 1/2 hours the temp slowly climbed to a maximum of 149. so that didn't work, how can I cook prime rib and hold for a couple hours with out that happening.. PS after 5 hours in the cooler is was still 138, thanks for the advice

I pull mine at 120. Let rest 15 or so minutes and then into warmer at 140-145. I try to time it where I take it off as close to service as possible..I get about two hours out of it. After that they are medium.

So with that said, I think you could let it cool down after the cook for 15 minutes. Then put in cooler and not have so much carryover cooking.

I went with what worked over the weekend. Had 8 full rib loins to cook and 6 pellet grills. started cooking at 9:30, pulled each one when it hit 115, about (3.5 hours at 325) foil over the pan and into a cooler. temps climbed to 135 to 140. was still 130 at 5 when we started serving. cooked the last two loins after the first 6, couldn't tell the difference. all good.

Back