PRE-Turkey Day Tradition

My personal preference is a rajas con queso. HEAVY on the rajas, onion, and tomato. From there, work in some muenster or asadero and let it get chunky, melty, and happy. Problem is that it's too hot for everyone. That is the real deal CHILE con queso!

bob

I like that chile con queso.

Great cook and a beautiful family you have there bobbrisket.

I will be cooking a 18 pound turkey in the Pbc on Thursday and will be hanging it. I think I watched the Pbc turkey YouTube video a hundred times making sure I feel confident enough to hook the bird up.

Again beautiful kids. I have a 6 year old and a 16 month old and they are my happiness.

Bob, I absolutely love the idea of pulling the plug on everything and having a mini thanksgiving with just the immediate family. I might have to start that tradition here! Thanks.

Outstanding feast Bob! I agree it's far too hard to get the family together with no distractions. It seems like those first 3 hrs on Christmas morning are all we really get. I love getting together with everyone but nothing beats the QT with the ones you love the most. Well done. :clap2:

It all looks great. I really like the idea of phones shut off, this may become your new tradition this year. I think the kids, and wife will be shocked to fine life without a cell phone can be achieved at least for one day. :thumb: I may have to include laptops to that.
Dave

Sounds like you've got a great "new tradition" started Bob and the grub looks great! Can't beat spending time with the kids, especially when they're young, during the holidays!

Our son is home from a two year stint teaching in S. Korea. Looking forward to cooking with the family, watching some football and staying away from the lunatics in the stores on Black Friday!

Thanks for sharing your family's tradition!

Bob

I was going to put my bird on the PBC Thanksgiving morning. How long was your bird on the PBC? Great Thread.

Bob

I was going to put my bird on the PBC Thanksgiving morning. How long was your bird on the PBC? Great Thread.

Thanks everyone!

It was probably on for a little over 3 hrs. I don't know what temp the PBC was running at though.

Thanks, Bull! :thumb: When it's all said and done, I do it for them. When we said Grace, I teared up when I heard what my daughter was thankful for. She has no problem speaking her heart! :hug:Very eloquent for 6 yrs old and she had us captivated with her words and expression. That's my girl!:thumb:

Ive got 4 kids ages 7,5,4 and 2. Other that the 2 year old, who is most thankful for thomas the train, I am shocked at what means the most to my children. They put things into perspective.
Great job on the beautiful family and food.

Thanks everyone!

It was probably on for a little over 3 hrs. I don't know what temp the PBC was running at though.

greatthread bob.. i came looking to see if the PBC will do a full turkey.. yopu answered that question..

and not alot of pits out there where you can cook in it and have no idea what the temp is, and not care. :)

We always do Thanksgiving just the wife and kids the Sunday before Thanksgiving since we aleays go to her Moms the day of. It is great with just us.

This year I was all set to test out turkey on the PBC before doing one for the in-laws but I came down with Pneumonia on Friday. By the power of medicine was well enough by Sunday to still do turkey dinner but just a pared down version. No PBC but a 7.5# turkey breast on the mini wsm.
View attachment 88136

Still thinking about using the pbc this Thursday for the 20# turkey I need to bring over. I just looks that easy and yours looks soooooo good. I just hate not having done a dry run. Maybe I'll make a smaller one and bring extra. you gotta have leftovers right.

Last edited:
Forgot about dessert! It was good. My crust needed some work, but the filling tasty. The eggnog added a nice flavor. I'll stick to grilling and smoking. Baking ain't my thing!:biggrin1:
RajasConQueso001_zps8979a69d.jpg

I knew you were BSing about the Quinoa!

I kid. Meal looks rad. Happy Thanksgiving BB!

I knew you were BSing about the Quinoa!

I kid. Meal looks rad. Happy Thanksgiving BB!

Actually, I wasn't. I just ran out of time to cook everything! My kids don't like it. They call it birdseed! LOL!

Happy T-Day to you too!

Back