Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My first younger brother is a manager at one of the Costco's in the bay area. For the past several years he has been heading up the fundraising drive for Children's Miracle Network. His big event is selling baked goods provided by mom and sisters. And cheese steaks cooked by brothers 3 and 4 to his coworkers on a Saturday afternoon. This year he wanted to bring some BBQ on board. That's where big bro comes in. Brother #2 cooks pop tarts and burns chicken a couple times a year.

We decided to go with pulled pork given my time frame to cook in, and the cost to profit margin. We set it up as a plate with PP, smoked beans, cornbread and sauce on the side (sweet mild commercial tomato based and homemade hot vinegar sauce)

I didn't get any plated pics but here are a few of the process and event.

Using some mesquite lump to get the temp up and light the hickory logs (always my wood of choice)
ck1.jpg

ck2.jpg

My little space in my bros driveway
ck3.jpg

Pork on!
ck4.jpg

Making the beans
ck5.jpg

ck6.jpg

Pork done!
ck7.jpg

Bro #3 cookin up the cheese steaks!
ck8.jpg

Them beans
ck9.jpg

ck10.jpg

Bros 3 and 4 hard at work!
ck11.jpg

The pork took about 10hrs in a pit temp range of 245-275

When all was said and done the foundation got a check for a little over $1,400.00 Not a bad day. But I plan on helping again next year with a goal of over $2,000.00

Thanks Ben for putting this all together! Thanks mom, Irina, Leana and Marina for all the baking and selling! Thanks Niko and Sergei for all that griddle time, transport and clean-up. You guys rock! And dad for gopher/shuttle driver of the month!

Thanks for looking!

Awesome Josh!! That's a great thing you and your family are doing. Hat's off to all of you. The food looks killer too!

Back