Ohio Smoked Meat Festival in Nelsonville Ohio

Joe Dirt

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
We have registered for the competition in Nelsonville Ohio in October. This will be our first comp and first time to this event. We have some questions about parking at the event and how long we can stay on Saturday after judging. We have called and emailed a few times but have not received a response from the contact listed on the website ohiobbq.org. Has anyone been to this event before that might be able to answer our questions?

Thanks.
Joe

I have a wedding or would be competing. Good luck at the event and getting answers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We have cooked the event that past few years and will be there again this year. Parking is kind of a pain if your cooksite doesnt have room for your vehicle. There are a few lots scattered around that you can leave your vehicle in, just verify with the team members when you arrive.

Thanks for response everyone. The questions we have are:
(1) Are there parking areas nearby for motorhome or camper parking? (From Ale's comment, I would guess probably not)
(2) Do we have to leave on Saturday or can we leave trailer/vehicles in cook area until Sunday morning?
(3) Do they allow golf cart use at the event?
(4) Are we allowed to trim all meats before Friday? What do meats need to be in for inspection?

Thanks

If you register for a large enough site, you can fit a motorhome/camper. Plenty of people do that.

I would say probably no to the golf cart use.

You can pre-trim any meat, you just can't season/inject/brine ahead of time. That is stated in the KCBS rules. The meat just has to be kept at appropriate temperatures, you can store it in whatever you like (ziploc, seran wrap, vacuum seal).

If you register for a large enough site, you can fit a motorhome/camper. Plenty of people do that.

I would say probably no to the golf cart use.

You can pre-trim any meat, you just can't season/inject/brine ahead of time. That is stated in the KCBS rules. The meat just has to be kept at appropriate temperatures, you can store it in whatever you like (ziploc, seran wrap, vacuum seal).

We did opt for the larger site but the camper/toy hauler might be a pain to get into the site so we were hoping for an open parking area somewhere nearby. So we are now trying to find a smaller trailer to haul everything in which seems like it might be easier anyway.

Do you stay Saturday night or do you have to be off the city street by a certain time?

Thanks
Joe

We did opt for the larger site but the camper/toy hauler might be a pain to get into the site so we were hoping for an open parking area somewhere nearby. So we are now trying to find a smaller trailer to haul everything in which seems like it might be easier anyway.

Do you stay Saturday night or do you have to be off the city street by a certain time?

Thanks
Joe

Everyone I know leaves on Saturday, not sure if you have to or not. I emailed the contest KCBS reps and they said to try calling the Rocky Boots outlet store down there and ask for a Kevin Dotson, he may be able to help.

Everyone I know leaves on Saturday, not sure if you have to or not. I emailed the contest KCBS reps and they said to try calling the Rocky Boots outlet store down there and ask for a Kevin Dotson, he may be able to help.

Great. I will give him a call. Thanks for your help!!

Back