MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
chomper's bbq
Full Fledged Farker

Default GOING TO THE ROYAL IN 2014 What to prepare.

Our team won our first grand so we get to go to the Royal. Should we compete in the invitational and the open or just the invitational? What should we expect at such a large event? How does an out of towner store that much meat safely; do they supply refrigeration trucks?

Old 08-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
mobow
is one Smokin' Farker

do both. you are not that out of town.. keep it on ice.. leave home with your chicken froze if you are worried about it. Keith

Old 08-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
rweller
Full Fledged Farker

I would do both since your already there for the Invite.

Do you mean this year or 2014?

Old 08-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
Outnumbered
is Blowin Smoke!

You can buy the meat over here when you get to town...chicken anyway. Talk to a Hy Vee or a Price Chopper and they can order it in for you.

I just did a contest in New Mexico where it was 122 the day of the contest. We got the meat before we left on Wednesday and stored it in a cooler. It won't be that hot here in October, so as long as you are prepared to keep adding ice, you'll be fine.

When I die, my goal is to have a visible smoke ring when the coroner cuts me open for the autopsy.
Outnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #5
chomper's bbq
Full Fledged Farker

thanks all

Old 08-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #6
Wampus
somebody shut me the fark up.

Do you have a spot for the invitational yet?
Deadline was 17th.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

There is also a Restaurant Depot a few blocks from the Royal site, but I would think that they get hit pretty heavily. A good 7-day cooler should keep the meat just fine.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote