Howdy from Ceciltucky, MD!

crabjoe

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Name or Nickame
Dae
Stupid Youtube! I say that because lately, every time I'd go to YT, the recommended videos were BBQ related. And somehow it got me ordering a WSM 18.

The WSM is ordered and has been shipped... FedEx says I should have it Saturday.. I sure hope so..

Let me say that I've never smoked a thing in my life.. grilling, yes, smoking no. Because of this, I hope to learn a lot...

Being that I grew up in Baltimore, Pit beef was the thing. I actually have a friend that owns a Pit Beef stand. Makes great PB.. He's told me how to make it, but because I've been to lazy and didn't have any kind of pit, I've never been able to make it. Once I get the WSM seasoned, that'll probably be the 1st thing I make.

My plan for today is... Haha.. isn't not to browse this forum... It wasn't in my plans because I'd been waiting for my registration to get approved and I didn't know how long it would take. So the plan is to find some lump charcoal, and possible it Restaurant Depot for some meat... I'll definitely be hitting up some big warehouse store because it seems like I'll need a ton of Kosher salt and black pepper for making rubs...

Let me get off my soap box for now... I hope the learn a bunch and as I gain knowledge, to help others..

Thanks Y'all!

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welocme! You're in the right place.

Plenty of great knowledge, especially in the "Roadmap to the QTalk Forum" thread... kept me busy fo 3 weeks straight!

I look forward to your adventures with the new rig!

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Back