Porchetta

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Never made it and the inspiration to do it was my new neighbor that moved in a house down. Super cool dude and we've been hanging out a lot. He took off out of town to celebrate his bday with his fam and I decided to surprise them when they came back since we had been talking about doing a porchetta together

Skin on belly scored on both sides

aNeC2Ogh.jpg

A few rubs mixed together, fresh garlic, fresh herbs, lemon and orange zest

F9f5LIRh.jpg

Fried mushroom

Zsjl265h.jpg

Rolled and trussed

GMkt1thh.jpg

On my pig rig rotisserie

xNMfecHh.jpg

Before pulling

KbC0V08h.jpg

VcXVDzJh.jpg

:shock: Not bad at all for a first try

NWBZw4ah.jpg

Skin cracked and shattered like glass. Super duper crisp

PwAr6heh.jpg

Better than I had anticipated. Thanks for looking!

Don't you love it when it turns out better than you thought? Porchetta TD in the near future??? While you are thinking about that, pass me a slice. That is picture perfect!

Don't you love it when it turns out better than you thought? Porchetta TD in the near future??? While you are thinking about that, pass me a slice. That is picture perfect!

Wish the GA state line was closer because I'd def pass you a slice.

Wow, that looks great! Major deliciousness

Thanks Jeremy!

It was def good. I took it to about 185 IT and all the fat rendered out. It was pure meat and skin. Such a great holiday dish IMHO.

Outstanding, Sako!

Feels great to nail something new the first time, doesn't it? The mushroom stuffing is ideal - I see these stuffed sometimes with all kinds of things that would distract from the meat - mushrooms are nice and earthy, just perfect.

Now about this picture:

VcXVDzJh.jpg

0BvdNUF_d.webp

:mrgreen:

:pound: :laugh:

Thanks Richard! With all the herbs and seasonings I figured I want some type of filler to offset all the fatty, meaty richness.

Outstanding, Sako!

Feels great to nail something new the first time, doesn't it? The mushroom stuffing is ideal - I see these stuffed sometimes with all kinds of things that would distract from the meat - mushrooms are nice and earthy, just perfect.

Now about this picture:

VcXVDzJh.jpg

0BvdNUF_d.webp

:mrgreen:

Definitely on my to do list provided I can find a skin on pork belly. Looks really good Sako, thanks for sharing.

Beautiful, Sako!

Love the idea of the mushrooms with the herbs and orange zest (and whatnot) in the middle!

You folks are seriously driving me towards getting a Costco pork belly.

Back