MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
speedrcer1
is One Chatty Farker

Default Heating charcoal in a cooker during a comp

Just checking my interpretation.
In the middle of a competition, it is forbidden to introduce a heat source such as propane into a cooker even if it is a separate charcoal chamber, such as a Backwoods.
But if all competition meats are fully removed from the cooker, you CAN then use propane (or other) fuel to light more coals.

Thanks
speedrcer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
Cayman1
is one Smokin' Farker

Don't see how lighting more coals on an empty smoker would be any different than lighting it to start, so I think you are correct.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedrcer1 View Post
Just checking my interpretation.
In the middle of a competition, it is forbidden to introduce a heat source such as propane into a cooker even if it is a separate charcoal chamber, such as a Backwoods.
But if all competition meats are fully removed from the cooker, you CAN then use propane (or other) fuel to light more coals.

Thanks
That is correct. As long as there is no meat on the cooker.

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 10-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
speedrcer1
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeBBQ View Post
That is correct. As long as there is no meat on the cooker.
Thanks Steve.
Member Purple Pork Masters Team (Team on Vacation)
Bubba-Keg [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][/FONT][/SIZE]
"New" 2000 Traeger BBQ100
KCBS 54236, Certified KCBS judge
Certified MOINK Baller
Super-Fast, Super-Non Stealthy ORANGE Themapen RIP. Now Yellow. Orange color retired.
speedrcer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:25 AM   #5
Gowan
is Blowin Smoke!

Yes, I have been in that unfortunate situation where the fire goes out for some reason. Only thing to do at that point is move the meat to a cambro and start over. Hard to come back from that, but it is legal.
Gowan is offline   Reply With Quote