**** Location Updated!!!**** Annual Northern Illinois Brethren Mid Winter Gathering, 2018 Edition!!! - Saturday, Jan. 27th, 2018

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's that that time of year again! We now have a place and time!

**** Annual Northern Illinois (and surrounding states) Brethren Mid Winter Gathering, 2018 Edition!!!

BBQ Supply Co.
6954 N Western Ave, Chicago, IL 60645

Pit to Plate Family Style Lunch
Saturday, January 27th, 1pm - 3pm

First course - Pork Tacos
Second course- Smoke N Fire Chicken
Third Course- Wagyu Brisket, Sausage, Wings with Custard Cornbread, Pit Beans & Mac

$30/person, max of 36 people.

Please note: this is BYOB

We have limited space, so to be fair to others, please don’t commit unless you are going to show up!

Attending
Ron_L (2)
LYU370 - 2
Neotrout - 3
Teebody - 2
Chicagokp
Sirporkalot - 2
Grabnabber - 2+2
T&SBBQ - 2
Eric Babb - 2 (FB)
Oifmarine - 1
Bill-Chicago - 2
Shagdog
Smoke Freaks - 2
ButcherJoe - 2

Total - 26+2

If you want a bag of coffee ($12) please let me know a week in advance!

Coffee
LYU370
SirPorkaLot

Total - 1

Last edited:
Put me down for at least 1 for now and 1 coffee. Any places in mind yet?

Put me down for at least 1 for now and 1 coffee. Any places in mind yet?

We haven’t been in the western ‘burbs for a few years. I am planning on visiting South Moon BBQ in Montgomery this weekend to see what they can offer. Any suggestions are welcome!

Brand new place in Romeoville, haven't tried it yet, though. https://www.facebook.com/DWsmokehouse/ And no idea if it can handle the group size.

Thanks! I'll check it out. We have an in with the owners at South Moon through Brother Hungry Haus, and it is usually easier to get a good deal if we know folks, but I am open to suggestions. I want to make a decision before the holidays, however.

Firewater BBQ in Lombard or Cresthill? I have been to the Lombard location. BBQ was really good. Space is kind of small though. Don't know about Cresthill.

Firewater BBQ in Lombard or Cresthill? I have been to the Lombard location. BBQ was really good. Space is kind of small though. Don't know about Cresthill.

Yeah, Lombard would be a tight fit since we've had 60+ guys the last three years. I thought about Steamboat in Wheaton, but it is too small as well.

I’m looking for an excuse to attend this one.....

Is there a Brethren shuttle set up from the airport and back yet?

It does look like they do BBQ, but they do events at a local banquet hall. Do we want to be in a banquet hall? I’d rather be in a restaurant setting, but that’s just me.

Back