MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
wladrules
Full Fledged Farker

Default Reheated brisket

The wife suggested reheating this weekend's brisket in au jus mixed with some sweet baby rays. Sliced it cold from the flat and heated at 350 in the oven for 25 minutes. Turned a dry brisket into mouth watering, tender and moist slices that we put on a heated Hawaiian roll with a little bbq sauce. I'm sure there's already a thread on here but I just wanted to share since you guys always share ideas.

Even the kids were excited!

Old 03-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #2
peeps
somebody shut me the fark up.

SBR is too sweet for me on brisket, but if you liked it an had good reheating results, then
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2014, 08:45 PM   #3
wladrules
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps View Post
SBR is too sweet for me on brisket, but if you liked it an had good reheating results, then
I hear ya. I didn't use much, just enough to notice. What's a good sauce for brisket? Normally I'm not a big sauce guy but sometimes it's nice.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:01 PM   #4
peeps

Ruby's Regular, IMO...if sauce is needed.

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-17-2014, 11:07 PM   #5
Tonybel
Babbling Farker

Thanks for sharing.
Cool pic of the family. God bless.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:42 PM   #6
Coach Jones
Knows what a fatty is.

Ruby's or Rudy's peeps?
Coach Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2014, 11:46 PM   #7
Demosthenes9
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wladrules View Post
I hear ya. I didn't use much, just enough to notice. What's a good sauce for brisket? Normally I'm not a big sauce guy but sometimes it's nice.
Stubb's Original.

Last edited by Demosthenes9; 03-18-2014 at 12:33 AM..
Demosthenes9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2014, 12:26 AM   #8
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

Glad it turned out well.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:04 AM   #9
peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Jones View Post
Ruby's or Rudy's peeps?
Crap! Rudy's! Too late for an edit now...thanks! Stubbs Original if you can't find it.

Old 03-18-2014, 07:14 AM   #10
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
Stubb's Original.
Stubbs Original is all I use on brisket but normally it's not required unless the brisket is being reheated.
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #11
Bludawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wladrules View Post
The wife suggested reheating this weekend's brisket in au jus mixed with some sweet baby rays. Sliced it cold from the flat and heated at 350 in the oven for 25 minutes. Turned a dry brisket into mouth watering, tender and moist slices that we put on a heated Hawaiian roll with a little bbq sauce. I'm sure there's already a thread on here but I just wanted to share since you guys always share ideas.
There was no magic your Brisket was under cooked you just finished cooking it.SBR is like a sugar rush ACK!
this aint Rudy's in fact it is Betta Cute kids by the way.

Texas Red Sauce

1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 cup ketchup
1 cup water
6 Tbl white sugar
2 Tsp salt
2 Tsp chili powder (Guajillo powder, chile d'arbol powder
and ground cumin)
1tsp back pepper
1tbl New mexico chili powder
1 tbl paprika
2 tsp Cholula hot sauce

In a microwavable bowl or large measuring cup combine vinegar, water, sugar and spices.
Heat on high 1 min stir to dissolve sugar allow to cool 20 min. stir in ketchup and bottle.
Allow to sit at least 4 hrs or overnight.

* use beef stock instead of water and cut the sugar by 2/3.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:55 AM   #12
cb25
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
Stubbs Original is all I use on brisket but normally it's not required unless the brisket is being reheated.
Absolutely the same here.
cb25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2014, 10:02 AM   #13
danno79
Knows what a fatty is.

Ok, so I got a 2.67lb. corned beef flat. I pulled it out of the freezer in the am. I thawed it in the micro. I soaked it in an ice bath for 7 hours,(in a stainless steel bowl). Seasoned it wtih a slight variation of Thirdeye's.Started the fire with a combo. of apple and hickory wood. Let the meat stand 45 min. Got the smoker to maintain temp. of 225F. Meat on the grill, with probe at 4:00 pm. Smoker maintained temp. between 225F and 275F. At 6:00 pm I preheated the oven to 205F. The meat reached 155F at 6:15 pm on the smoker. I put about 4oz. of beer,(I drank the rest) and double wrapped in heavy alum. foil, and put in the oven to finish. Between the smoker and the oven, the meat dropped to 137F. I raised oven temp. to 225F. At 7:15 the meat temp. was 175F.Pulled it out of the oven, and let it rest, foil on, 2 hours. The meat tasted Awesome, but was a little tough to chew. I will try re-heating, by steaming, hopefully that will tenderize it.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:07 AM   #14
Demosthenes9
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno79 View Post
Ok, so I got a 2.67lb. corned beef flat. I pulled it out of the freezer in the am. I thawed it in the micro. I soaked it in an ice bath for 7 hours,(in a stainless steel bowl). Seasoned it wtih a slight variation of Thirdeye's.Started the fire with a combo. of apple and hickory wood. Let the meat stand 45 min. Got the smoker to maintain temp. of 225F. Meat on the grill, with probe at 4:00 pm. Smoker maintained temp. between 225F and 275F. At 6:00 pm I preheated the oven to 205F. The meat reached 155F at 6:15 pm on the smoker. I put about 4oz. of beer,(I drank the rest) and double wrapped in heavy alum. foil, and put in the oven to finish. Between the smoker and the oven, the meat dropped to 137F. I raised oven temp. to 225F. At 7:15 the meat temp. was 175F.Pulled it out of the oven, and let it rest, foil on, 2 hours. The meat tasted Awesome, but was a little tough to chew. I will try re-heating, by steaming, hopefully that will tenderize it.

175 seems like an awfully low finishing temp for brisket. I take mine to anywhere between 195 to 205.
Demosthenes9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2014, 10:09 AM   #15
danno79
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
175 seems like an awfully low finishing temp for brisket. I take mine to anywhere between 195 to 205.
That's probably why I found it to be a little tough. I will go 195 next time.