SmashBurgers on the Goldens' Cast Iron

Smashburgers Part 2

Yesterday's Smashburgers were a success, too bad my plated pics were terrible. But that's ok, we'll make up for it with plated pics of the leftovers today.

I started out well before my guests arrived with some thick sliced bacon out on the searing plate -

Makes for a ton of grease which can just be pushed off the edge into the coals. I was surprised there weren't any flare ups. Since the Goldens' firebox is a solid piece of cast iron it makes for extra seasoning. :grin: This isn't something I'd be trying with a ceramic Kamado.

Grilled up some peppers, Baby Bellas and onions for toppings -

Searing plate temp, still hotter than I'd like (which would be under 400). I'll need to close the vents down even further next time. -

Quarter pound burgers are on. This time I made them in advance rather than scooping them out on the fly, so they were uniformly sized and easier to deal with -

The Brioche buns I made the day before on the Keg are buttered and toasting on the Keg in the Lodge pizza pan -

The buns turned out fantastic, perfect density, great taste. I'll definitely be baking these again.

Getting the cheese on after flipping -

Best plated pic from yesterday, served with baked beans and fries -

And some shots of today's leftovers for lunch -

That's it. As always, thanks for checking in on the continuing saga of Smashburgers on the Goldens' and Brioche Buns on the Keg!

Regards,
-Dom

Back