The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Planning

Been thinking about what to cook at the Bash.
JD Hot Fatties with SuckleBusters Hoochie Mamma BBQ Rub
Ribs with SuckleBusters Texas Pecan BBQ Rub

Shelly has not said yet what she will make.
Any thoughts you want me to pass on to her?

Hope you can make it to the Bash!! :mrgreen:

This morning Shelly and I are headed over to Chris's, aka sliding billy, home. Back in July he had another stroke and seizures and was admitted to the hospital. Christine, his wife, asked if I could help her sell all of his cooking equipment to raise money to help with their financial situation and the medical bills for Chris and their son. She had mentioned that both she and Chris had decided this was best as it is unlikely that he would be able to cook ever again.

I'll most likely bring it all, depending on the weather today, but the AJ's custom offset and Vision ceramic grill here to my house. Then spend time getting stuff cleaned up and post on various platforms for hopefully quick sales.

Please let me know if you are interested in anything as I know Chris would like for a Brethren keep cooking on his gear.

Please keep Chris and his family in your prayers.
Thanks

Well back from Chris's home. Still need to make one or two more trips to get his AJ's Custom Smoker and PitBoss CopperHead 5 ready to sell also pickup a small chest freezer and a few small accessories for the Webers.

Calvin wanted to keep the Vision Ceramic cooker so he and his brother can learn to cook on it. So we gave Christine the money for it and left it for the boys. And invited them to the N Texas EggFest on 10/22.

I did get to see him for a moment, said hi. He tried to say something but was just a single word and so soft spoken I could not hear it. I thought I have had a tough day now and then but I realized today I was completely wrong.

We do what we can and I'll work at getting his gear sold and some cash in his pocket.
Sorry for the news but some have asked about Chris and his family.

Well would you look at that Calander on the fridge!
You have a mere 38 days till the 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash!!

This would be a good time to sign up, so everyone knows where you'll be on October 1.
Dust off those camp chairs and clean out that cooler!

Hope to see ya at the Texas Bash!! :mrgreen:

You are a good man, Hotch.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Thanks Paul but this is about Chris, Christine Calvin and Adrian.
They need our help, and this is what I can help with.
Adrian had his surgery yesterday, no news yet from Christine.

Checkout Brethren Sales and Ventures for the listing of Chris's cookers.

Yesterday I completely disassembled his GMG Davy Crocket pellet grill.
He used it a lot!!
Scrubbed, soaked, cleaned, scrubbed, soaked, cleaned again and then re-assembled it while it rained. I fired it up and all was good but the pellets I removed from it had were way swollen!
I'll pick up some pellets and test it today or tomorrow and post it for sale.
:mrgreen:

I can't seem to find the sign up link. If I commit now. I'll have to go. I've driven farther for less.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
The LINK is in the last line of my signature. Signatures won't display in TapaTalk.
So if you are coming to the Texas Fall Bash I'll be more than happy to sign you up!! It's just to let everyone know who's going to be there! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I can't seem to find the sign up link. If I commit now. I'll have to go. I've driven farther for less.

Bring your azz on down to Texas! We'd be honored to meet you.

Sweet! Ya bringing some of that Iowa corn? I might have to come down and see ya again, even though Texas Pete is gonna be there. :crazy:

hAG6Prbh.jpg

Hey Paul! It's the Fall Bash not the Spring!
Check your signature links! lol!! :mrgreen:

Well we have 36 Days till the Bash!! :mrgreen:

Sweet! Ya bringing some of that Iowa corn? I might have to come down and see ya again, even though Texas Pete is gonna be there. :crazy:

hAG6Prbh.jpg
I need to be experienced in person at least once in a lifetime. That is usually waaaaay more than enough for most.

Back