• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Our New Shirley Fabrication Smoker Build!

Thanks,everyone. Joe Zukes,this is my first offset so I decided to go for broke and spec her out with all the add ons. Plus I figured that it would help retain heat better with the 3/8 inch main. Shirley Fab puts them together with a seal on the main and the firebox is super tight. It seems to be giving me a longer burn time before adding more wood over what I have heard other stickburners getting. Heat retention and effiencey are always a plus in any smoker!

Have a Shirley insulated firebox as well, let's you run a much smaller fire that you add smaller splits to keep going hot. Get very little/no white smoke when adding new split, runs thin blue throughout and the small fire makes it very easy to maintain tight temp range (I ran mine 250 to 275 for 10 hours Saturday just focusing on throwing small split on every 45 minutes or so)

i am seriously considering a shirley pit with an insulated firebox very similar to the one pictured im coming from a lang and it is a lot of work especially on my day off with wife and 2 kids.

is the insulated firebox worth it in your opinion? thanks for the insight and great looking pit
also any regrets or changes you would make to your pit?

Back