• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weber one touch cleaning system

Sprodingo

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
I use my 22" Weber kettle for everything from smoking to direct grilling. I always seem to be battling the fins in the bottom of the kettle bending up and catching on the grate when cleaning. I primarily use lump charcoal so that seems to be worse than briquettes. Just wondering if this is a common problem. Thanks all!

If your blades are hitting the charcoal grate, you should remove them and try to bend them back to their original angle as best you can. It's easy to remove them.

They should close off the airflow well enough so that you can close down the grill to save unused fuel.

Yes, lump requires more attention and a lighter touch because pieces can fall through the grate and get wedged in the vent slot, and put a blade out of alignment if it (blade) is forced through the lump shard while cleaning the ashes. This is one reason why folks place a 2nd charcoal grate at a 90 degree angle to the original one.

I realize that this goes against the whole "don't have to touch that filthy stuff" idea, but this is what I use on my daisy wheel kettles. It's an empty vodka bottle that some kind soul leaves near my mailbox about as often as it needs replacement. Salad dressing bottles work, too. I use it to scoop up the big stuff. It's fairly clean to use. I get dirtier when I remove the cooking grate to put in the fuel what ever type of kettle I use.

picture.php

Thats the reason...I use briquettes on mine. Ocaasionaly I use lump...but make sure it is completely burnt up as those small pieces get stuck in the one touch blades.

How do you get the screwdriver under the handle to release it? I even tried to hammer the screwdriver but it won’t go under the handle.

I recently needed a replacement one touch set for a family members Weber kettle. Best price was Amazon if you order something else to meet the free shipping minimum. Click the amazon link in the top bar of the forum and search for Weber 7444.

Back