• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Contest with Veterans, Forreston, IL

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I should have posted this earlier, but work got in the way!

Mission Zero Hundred Hours, an Illinois non profit focused on veteran suicide prevention and awareness, is hosting a BBQ contest on Saturday August 17th.

Five Pro BBQ teams from Chicagoland and Wisconsin are paired with local veterans to cook up pork and ribs.

Public tasting tickets are $10 for 10 samples of BBQ. Come out between 12:30pm - 2pm Saturday to sample some award winning BBQ and cast your vote for the best bbq team!

All proceeds go directly to the Forreston American Legion, and Mission Zero Hundred Hours BBQ Saves Lives Program.

Warnken Veterans Memorial Park Complex 604 E Avon St, Forreston, IL 61030

If you are nearby, please come on out to support two great organizations!

This turned out to be a great event! We cooked ribs and pork and over 100 people came out to sample them! In the end, we ended up winning the People's Choice, which means that the veteran who cooked with us took home some $$ that was donated by the teams and a couple of local folks! Plus, MZHH and the American Legion benefited from the money raised by the sampling!

There is a KCBS Competitor series event in November in Yorkville, IL that is based on this principal, but will be larger and allow more veterans to cook with teams, and win even more prizes! I posted an announcement for that event in the Competition section of the forum.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274798

Congratulations Ron. I’m bummed I didn’t see this or hear about it before the event earlier. I would have stopped in. Any idea if this will happen in Forreston next year?

Congratulations Ron. I’m bummed I didn’t see this or hear about it before the event earlier. I would have stopped in. Any idea if this will happen in Forreston next year?

Probably. Maybe not exactly the same format, but we’ll see. They were talking about a KCBS Master Series in the same spot.

Check out the link above for the event in Yorkville in November!

Back