Seafood boil

Back9Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Was thinking of of doing couple full pans of seafood boil next to the gator this weekend. Cooked these on stove top before but never on smoker. How long do you think would take at 275 based on below method and should I add ingredients as I go or do all at once

Full pan with water seasonings in bottom. Wire rack sits above water

Corn
Sausage
Onion
Lemon
Potatoes
Peel n eat shrimp

All covered with foil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a clue how to do it on a smoker where the water won't be boiling. I've always done them in a big pot. But add taters first, they take the longest and add shrimp last, they cook the quickest. :noidea:

Was thinking of of doing couple full pans of seafood boil next to the gator this weekend. Cooked these on stove top before but never on smoker. How long do you think would take at 275 based on below method and should I add ingredients as I go or do all at once

Full pan with water seasonings in bottom. Wire rack sits above water

Corn
Sausage
Onion
Lemon
Potatoes
Peel n eat shrimp

All covered with foil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are talking to a bunch primarily cooking on offsets which are a long way from "set it and forget it" because it's a new adventure each time. You've conceived a set it and forget crab boil method that need's perfecting so I'll bring some Frakers over to sit around your fire pit and discuss it.
Even the gator will cook different in presence of steam from those pans. It could easily turn out to be a long night,better have plenty barley pop on hand.

So how did this turn out and what order did you put the stuff in? Steaming with your racks out of the water instead of boiling kinda changes the whole procedure a bit.

But maybe not.

I'd probably be lazy and just throw everything in at the start except the shrimp. Throw them in the last 5-10 minutes depending on your steam level.

What did ya do, what did ya do, what did ya do???? :-D

Back