Not Q but Pico de Gallo (my way)

DerHusker

Babbling Farker

A lot of folks have a recipe for Pico de Gallo and most are similar but slightly different. Here is the way I make mine. This is great on Tacos, In Burritos, mixed with eggs, in a salad or just for dipping chips. Here are the Ingredients:

3 tomatoes (Seeded and diced - I usually use Roma but a smaller garden variety would also work)
3 medium jalapenos (Seeded and diced)
3 slices of red onion (Diced)
3 slices of yellow onion (Diced)
4/5 stalks of green onion diced. (Diced)
1 small bunch of cilantro (Minced)
Juice of one lime.
Note: Tyler Florence likes to add some minced garlic and some OO but I usually leave this out as a batch will last longer without them. (I make a batch almost every week and use it up throughout the week)
Combine all the ingredients and stir. You can eat it immediately but I like to cover and let rest for 1 hour before doing so. Photos of process below.

Cover and rest in fridge.

Thanks for looking.

Looks great! Nearly identical to my own recipe, although I do more tomatoes and less onion, and also add some kosher salt to taste.

Red

nicely done. nothing like fresh pico de gallo. get me some chips and a beer and I'm set.

couple of things I picked up along the way with regard to pico de gallo:

1. a touch of sugar wakes up the jalepeno
2. a pinch of S&P is nice
3. olive oil will help blend flavors
4. chipotle pepper will add a layer of smokiness

Looks great DH. Thanks for the tutorial. The recipe I use is pretty similar, less the green (scallion) onions.

nicely done. nothing like fresh pico de gallo. get me some chips and a beer and I'm set.

couple of things I picked up along the way with regard to pico de gallo:

1. a touch of sugar wakes up the jalepeno
2. a pinch of S&P is nice
3. olive oil will help blend flavors
4. chipotle pepper will add a layer of smokiness
Thank you Leftwngr.

Didn't know anything about sugar. I'll give it a try.

I've tried the salt and it doesn't last as long when I add it. I may try just pepper.

I add OO if I'm making a batch to share that won't need to be in the fridge for a week. Again it doesn't last as long when I add it.

Chipotle would be an excellent ingredient to add.

Back