Thanks bodog! I will say it actually blew away my expectations! :mrgreen:

I forgot to mention the PBC ran for 8 hours today and Im guessing I still had about 1 hour of coal left. I'd say a full basket is good for about 9 to 9 1/2 hours. I guess it could hit 10 before it had nothing left. That's pretty darn good though!

I did a 4 1/2 hour rib cook yesterday. About four hours later I wanted to put the barrel back into my garage and I still had hot coals. I'd say you are right.

Hey, I'm a new guy to the forum...new to bbq as well. I'm a proud owner of a pit barrel cooker and I kinda feel like the blind squirrel that found a nut. Very easy to use and my family loves the stuff I've cooked on it.

Attachments

• 20150610_194617.jpg
    20150610_194617.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 252
Welcome to the Brethren and to the PBC family. Ribs look great by the way. Have you cooked chicken halves yet? That's always a family pleaser!

Hey, I'm a new guy to the forum...new to bbq as well. I'm a proud owner of a pit barrel cooker and I kinda feel like the blind squirrel that found a nut. Very easy to use and my family loves the stuff I've cooked on it.

Welcome to the Brethren! You picked a great first cooker. The PBC will never let you down. It looks like you've got ribs down already from looks of that pic!.....feel free to post more PBC cooks in the future :mrgreen:

Welcome brother...you are a blessed soul...you got the cooker some of us have been looking for our whole lives. Looks like you got the hang of it...nice looking ribs. Keep the pictures coming and take one of it sliced.lol

Out the box and shiny. Gonna be raining ribs on the 4th!:-D

IMG_20150629_180959987_zps0ezy1g8j.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to be putting a garlic studded turkey breast on my PBC momentarily!

When did Noah start adding the IPA to the PBC package?

Enter "BEER" in the promo code and he'll enclose a whole case. Honest!:icon_smile_tongue:

If that don't work, HMU with a PM and I'll see you get some Troegs love! ;)

Small charcoal basket for a shorter cook ...about 6 hrs.

Attachments

• IMG_20150701_132018_465.jpg
    IMG_20150701_132018_465.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 243
Back