• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Home Made Bread!"[/size]
bread.jpg

Anonymous photo.

...as chosen by bluetang, the winner of the Home Cured and Smoked Throwdown!

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/22 through Sunday 10/31.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 10/31.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 11/1 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 11/5. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Something Crispy This Way Comes Throwdown until Sunday night 10/24 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Fatty Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Finally a throwdown I feel qualified to do. Now, does my cast iron pot fit on the grill?

I don't stand a chance in this one. I have made lots of bread at home, and I like it...but it's nothing to show off. You have to do all this fancy schmancy trickery stuff to make it look incredible for taking pics and stuff. Spritzing, steaming, brushing things on and so forth. I mean, that stuff is what you do to meat, not bread!:rolleyes: Bread is for piling your meat on and drizzling with sauce and then trying to figure out what that mushy thing below all the meat is and when you can't figure that out you fling it at someone.

So, I might sit this one out, I might participate. Depends.

I know one thing for sure...we have some folks on here who are GENIUSES with bread!!! They would stomp my bread into stuffing without even a thought!

I'm looking forward to the great breads! I don't want to name any names specifically...you expert bakers know who you are!:wink:

I say if its a baked good made with flour it qualifies as bread. But I have no merits or authority on anything so don't listen to me.

I don't stand a chance in this one. I have made lots of bread at home, and I like it...but it's nothing to show off. You have to do all this fancy schmancy trickery stuff to make it look incredible for taking pics and stuff. Spritzing, steaming, brushing things on and so forth. I mean, that stuff is what you do to meat, not bread!:rolleyes: Bread is for piling your meat on and drizzling with sauce and then trying to figure out what that mushy thing below all the meat is and when you can't figure that out you fling it at someone.

So, I might sit this one out, I might participate. Depends.

I know one thing for sure...we have some folks on here who are GENIUSES with bread!!! They would stomp my bread into stuffing without even a thought!

I'm looking forward to the great breads! I don't want to name any names specifically...you expert bakers know who you are!:wink:

Bread this should be a challenge for us.. WOW Bread

Oh, c'mon. Like cornbread ain't easy and it can still be dolled up.:thumb:

Back