• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Master Class with Aaron Franklin

To be honest, I'm not sure what could be in that class that isn't already in his books, his PBS show, and YouTube videos. He doesn't exactly use secret spice mixes or secret sauces.

To be honest, I'm not sure what could be in that class that isn't already in his books, his PBS show, and YouTube videos. He doesn't exactly use secret spice mixes or secret sauces.

Good point. I just watched the 2 min video. He said he will have more time to go into detail but all of his videos and books are already pretty detailed like you said.

I watched the promo and was thinking the same. Brisket trimming and working the temp up in increments caught my attention. I have both his books already.

I watched the promo and was thinking the same. Brisket trimming and working the temp up in increments caught my attention. I have both his books already.

Yeah the promo seemed to have some additional "steps" that I have not seen in any of the books / PBS videos, but I'm still skeptical about how much ADDITIONAL information is being offered. I do enjoy all his videos - very personable and humble based on what he has built.

I had originally written this off assuming most or all of it would be in his YouTube videos but I am interested. Don't know if I will spend $90 on it bit it sounds interesting.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'd written: ONLY $90? To spend that type of time with some of the guys around here you're looking at $750 or more... Mind you, his is a bit streamlined, but I'm sure it's well worth every penny. One thing you can do live that you can't do with a video is ask questions... If I were anywhere close, I'd be there. This guy knows his stuff!

Damn it. Looks like it's all video as well. Hmmmm..... I'm not so sure. There are plenty of free vids that show most all of this by various people if you're wanting to learn... Nope; not for me.

Worth it if you do the 180 plan and enjoy the other masterclass courses. I really enjoy the Thomas Keller, Wolfgang Puck and Gordon _Ramsay classes

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I spent a whole bunch more than $90.00 improving my skills when I started out, that seems like a pretty solid deal to me.

Besides he's a really down to earth personable sort that seems to have fun with his work and has always seemed very generous to share that knowledge with others without it always being about making a buck.

If the $180 info includes all of the listed things at the bottom of the site, you have cooks, writers, film makers, Penn and Teller teaching magic and more...that would be worth it for a years worth of informational videos if you are good at sitting down to watch the stuff!

Besides he's a really down to earth personable sort that seems to have fun with his work and has always seemed very generous to share that knowledge with others without it always being about making a buck.

Completely agree. Coming from a restaurant family, I was surprised at how forthcoming he was with information on the PBS series, especially considering how secretive a lot of BBQ guys are.

Worth it if you do the 180 plan and enjoy the other masterclass courses. I really enjoy the Thomas Keller, Wolfgang Puck and Gordon _Ramsay classes

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

how long is each video approximately? I have been debating getting this previously for the Ramsey and Keller vids.

Back