Me: fetching your almond milk as requested
Wife: the United is 1/2 mile just checking your ok
Me: I’m at United Amigos 10 miles across town
Wife: something must be on sale guess Ill have avocado toast
Me: yep
Click

3 bags of mesquite lump, 3 racks of value ribs, Montreal Steak Seasoning
And no sugar almond milk

United here is finally having a sale on brisket for the first time in months. $1.97/lb instead of the $3.99 I was seeing last week.

Whatever has happened is magical. She donned her apron, declared her Spanish Rice with brisket and veggies was lunch and would I smoke a couple jalapeños for Popper Dip. I’m basically trying to stay out of her way. Damn Cheerios. Hooray Beer

Last edited:
Jalapeño Popper Dip

2 smoked jalapeño-chopped/shredded
1/2 small brick cream cheese
Equal amount sour cream
Quarter to half cup Tillamook Cheddar
1/5 Cup Hot Okra Pickle Juice
Top with favorite seasoning and crispy bacon

Last edited:
The first many times I had this it was made with those mild nacho jalapeños. I still like the background pickle flavor but prefer the hotter variety of jalapeño (smoked). Great with leftover jalapeño poppers

And the value ribs @1.39# turned out at top of my skill level. Giant shiners with a lot of meat. I usually don’t eat after 2pm. But I did try a couple of these. Boneyard

Last edited:
It all looks great. Kudos to Mrs. on a job well done.

Beats the heck out of a bowl of Cheerios any time. That is one excellent cook, it all looks superb.

Thank You for taking us along on a cooking experience that shows that Cheerios and Almond milk can start an Adventure in cooking excellence!

Good eats Adams!
I think I could live off of that dip.

Dang Adams, that´s some ridiculous food right there.
I´m very intrigued about that skillet handle cover thingy though.
Homemade or where did you get that?

Dang Adams, that´s some ridiculous food right there.
I´m very intrigued about that skillet handle cover thingy though.
Homemade or where did you get that?

These are the handle mitts. I bought them either st Academy or Gander Mountain. I’ve seen them pretty much everywhere that sells Lodge cast iron and accessories such as scrapers-brushes etc
Lodge 2HHMC2 Hot Handle Holders/Mitts, Multi-color Peppers, 2-Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009J3PAO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_NJD.EbGG1SQWH

Back