LSG on order

Blizzard

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Back in April I ordered a 20x36 smoker from Lone Star Grillz.

Yes! Yesterday afternoon I got the email that it is being built and to check the work order to make sure everything is correct. I got the 8 inch wheels, Brass ball valve for draining, probe port, and charcoal basket. Oh and the 1/2” grate for the fire box.

Pretty basic stuff. But man! I’m excited. I got an email a couple weeks ago, because of the Covid biz they are still working but just running a little bit behind. But that’s ok.

I’m driving down to pick it up myself. And after reading the other thread about the shipping damage to the grill delivered to New York, I’m more than happy to pick it up.

Oh Boy Happy Day! :clap2: Hopefully, you can get it in time for the holiday. Congrats!

Oh Boy Happy Day! :clap2: Hopefully, you can get it in time for the holiday. Congrats!

It would be nice, but I doubt it. The email said it would be ready in about a week and a half or so (10 days to 2 weeks).

Texas is a big state but, LSG is pretty centrally located so, not the worst drive.

Congrats on getting the new smoker!

Congrats! I love that new design.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’ll probably go that route. Quick question, why the 20x36, and not the 24x36?

Thanks everyone! Lone Star certainly has a good reputation. We have one of their fire pits and just love it. The decision to stay with them for a smoker was easy.

Why 20x36 and not 24x36? I too love the design of the newer 20 inch smokers. Plus the cost, plus the size. One wife, one kid and some dogs.

We just don’t need a big giant smoker. Honestly, we don’t even really eat that much meat. I’ve always wanted a stick burner and wanted something bigger than a Weber kettle. I have the room in the back yard, and this smoker will last forever.

Thanks everyone! Lone Star certainly has a good reputation. We have one of their fire pits and just love it. The decision to stay with them for a smoker was easy.

Why 20x36 and not 24x36? I too love the design of the newer 20 inch smokers. Plus the cost, plus the size. One wife, one kid and some dogs.

We just don’t need a big giant smoker. Honestly, we don’t even really eat that much meat. I’ve always wanted a stick burner and wanted something bigger than a Weber kettle. I have the room in the back yard, and this smoker will last forever.

I’m assuming 1 wife, 2 kids, and a cat don’t justify getting the 24x36 either

I noticed that you got the charcoal basket. Do LSG offsets work well with charcoal when you don’t have time to stick burn?

Congrats! I put my order in a couple of weeks ago. The wait is brutal.

Actually, after I thought about it. I realized the wait for me was right at 12 weeks, which is what they originally estimated.

I had to wait 18 months for a custom revolver a few years ago, so 12 weeks is nothing.

Congrats. Your order is almost identical to mine with the exception of the 8" wheels.

As far as the shipping damage. Mine came from texas to NJ without as much as a scratch.
Theres been many, many more LSG's delivered without issue.
Good luck with yours I know you'll enjoy it.

I'll bet the last week of waiting is like being a kid waiting for Christmas day, congrats!

Back