Sparky's Hatch / Iron Door BBQ Silver City

FrkYrPrk

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Shortfork and I decided to escape the heat in ABQ, road trip to Silver City to see Gringo Loco's side hustle: Iron Door BBQ.

First things first, I did a poor job with picture taking:mad:

The fastest way to Silver from Albuquerque is through Hatch, home of Sparky's. BBQ at Sparky's isn't my favorite, the green chile cheeseburger is the bomb!
View attachment 174495
View attachment 174496
Note to self, take the picture before you add condiments:doh:

View attachment 174497
View attachment 174498
The patty melt isn't really built right, it's just toast instead of the bun...
Sweet corn with green chile and onions, Shortfork had the seasoned wedge cut fries. The sausage comes in the boat from the warmer by the cash register, the sauce is in a hot pot by the drink machine. We got to Sparky's just after the lunch rush, the line was short:clap:

Juanita at work when we arrived in Silver City

View attachment 174499
Allen wrapping brisket and butts around midnight
View attachment 174500
The Iron Door BBQ, prior to Saturday's opening
View attachment 174501
View attachment 174502
Chopped brisket on the left, ready to go into the warmer, sliced on the right ready to be boxed and going out the window
View attachment 174503
At least I remembered to shoot the photo before I took a bite
View attachment 174504
Saturday evening, the show went on the road for the first time to the balloon glow in Deming. Texas Hogger stopped by on his way home from Lordsburg to help out in the trailer. We had a great visit, thanks Terry!

View attachment 174505
View attachment 174506
I know I'm never starting a BBQ business, it's too much like real work.
Allen and Cruz are doing a great job with the food. Get there early, the ribs go quick!

Last edited:
Very cool Scott. I agree with you, Allen and Cruz are doing a great job. I wish them the best of luck with the food trailer. I know that they have been selling out every day they have been open.

Keep up the great work Allen.

Awesome pics Scott.
And you are correct about the hard work. I don't think Allen and Cruz have had a day off since they opened the trailer on the 4th of July.

They are doing a heck of a job.

We are so Blessed to have everyone's help this weekend! It was wonderful to have you and short fork show up. It has been a lot of fun as well ad a lot of work! Can't wait till the fall Bash!! We might be in Albq next week an we can go out for a nice quiet dinner!!

This is fantastic. Great adventure, and the grub looks wonderful.

Crush it down in Silver City, fellas. Pretty nice setup you've got.

Back