Beef Back Ribs on the 14.5 WSM

robert-r

is Blowin Smoke!
Found some Beef Back Ribs at the grocery store for a good price. I think Von's screwed up - all the other BBRs in the case were $5.99/pound.

PICT5209_zpskxohzxpj.jpg

Received a free 4 pound sample of Weber's new charcoal in the mail & was saving it for something special. Decided this cook was it.
With 4 chunks of mesquite, it barely filled the charcoal ring of the 14.5. Had to use 12 briquettes of K-Lump for a MM start.

PICT5210_zpsj0rzkrkc.jpg

Dusted the ribs with a heavy coat of Oakridge BBQ's Black Ops & into the cooker.

PICT5213_zpshj1eq97v.jpg

Cooked at 270* for 3 1/4 hours. Ribs probed tender & had an IT of 202 -208* when pulled. I wrapped them in foil & let them sit for 20 minutes.

PICT5222_zpsfwln2muu.jpg

Time To Eat.

PICT5230_zpsw8uestyn.jpg

The obligatory two bite pic.

PICT5234_zpsajh3jowj.jpg

They sure were good! So rich, wifey & I could only eat one rib each.

Say... that Weber charcoal is some good poo! Had TBS in less than 15 minutes. Lots left over, also.

PICT5243_zpsdt4gbwxh.jpg

Dunno if I would pay $20 for 10 pounds. & knowing Weber.... doubtful it will go on sale.
However, after emptying the charcoal bowl, I was pleasantly surprised to see very little ash compared to KBB.
So I might keep a bag around for occasional use in the WSMs. Or maybe a snake in the kettles.

Tastee lookin vittles.Thanks for sharing.I see you know the rule of the salad,....ALL REAL SALADS MUST CONTAIN RADISHES! :thumb: Those ribs look Killer good.

Back