DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]The wife and I are doing the Weight Watchers program so I’m eating quite a bit differently that I did in the past. This was cooked inside on the stove top, but thought I’d share it anyway. (As it was delicious!)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ingredients:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]cooking spray (I used some Red Pepper infused OO spray)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 medium Golden Potato, Diced into approximately ½” pieces[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]½ cup onion, chopped[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 medium poblano chile, seeded and diced. (Mine was small so I added some Bell Pepper I had left over)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 cup corn [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 cup black beans, drained [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 cup zucchini, Diced into approximately ½” pieces (I used a Mexican Squash)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 tsp cumin (I used ½ tsp of Fajita seasoning and ½ tsp of cummin)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 pinch salt, or to taste[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]½ cup, green variety (I used 2 Tbsp of the Hatch Chile and 4 tbsp of Herdez salsa verde - plus extra for garnish)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4 large eggs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro (for garnish)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here a pic of most of the ingredients I used.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I started out by dicing up the potato and putting it in a slightly sprayed Non-Stick skillet to start cooking.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once it started to brown, I put the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]onion, poblano and bell peppers.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once it started to sweat, I added the black beans, corn, squash and seasoning. I let this cook for approximately 6 to 7 minutes.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After that I stirred in the Hatch chilies and Salsa Verde and let that cook another minute.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I then made 4 depressions in the mixture and crack the eggs in them.[/FONT]

I covered the skillet to help the tops of the eggs cook.

And afterwards I plated it up with some wheat toast.

As I said, this was delicious and except for the toast, it was zero points for the Purple Program we’re on!

Thanks for looking.

This is Non-DerHusker but I know your style Jeff. :nod: You even make lean look good!

Ah yeah. I remember doing the WW thing with my wife years ago. We found many great meals to fix both inside and out...

Yours looks great.
I see no reason that couldn't be done in a CI pan on the Weber...:thumb:

This is Non-DerHusker but I know your style Jeff. :nod: You even make lean look good!
Thank you Sako.

My body total agrees that this is not the normal DerHusker cuisine it been used to. I still eat some large portions but it now included lots of fruits and veggies. The first week my body was so shocked having all the healthy stuff, that I lost 7.6 lbs. (21 lbs. so far)

I still have a long way to go to get to my goal weight, but this program lets you eat most everything you want (within reason) and you don't go hungry.

Outstanding DH!
Thank you Tom.
Ah yeah. I remember doing the WW thing with my wife years ago. We found many great meals to fix both inside and out...

Yours looks great.
I see no reason that couldn't be done in a CI pan on the Weber...:thumb:
Thank you Craig. Yes it could easily be done outside on my gas grill or Weber / Primo but I was in a hurry so did it inside.

I like your cutting board.
Thank you JD. It's from Teakhaus and it love it.

Nicely done! I'd sure hit some of that!

Thanks for the healthy option ideas... keep 'em coming!

Best to you and the family.

Nicely done! I'd sure hit some of that!

Thanks for the healthy option ideas... keep 'em coming!

Best to you and the family.
Thank you Marc. Did you see my Kung Pao Chicken thread? Another healthy low point option that is delicious.

Thank you Sako.

My body total agrees that this is not the normal DerHusker cuisine it been used to. I still eat some large portions but it now included lots of fruits and veggies. The first week my body was so shocked having all the healthy stuff, that I lost 7.6 lbs. (21 lbs. so far)

I still have a long way to go to get to my goal weight, but this program lets you eat most everything you want (within reason) and you don't go hungry.

Amen! Good to hear.

I'm sorry, but I'm calling foul.

The same rule should apply here, that does in my cigar chat. Your top photo violates the rule, as a dog is partially visible, yet not fully in focus so we an enjoy the pet. Please re-submit with the dog clearly visible.

But otherwise, it looks amazing.

WW should use your skillet pics in an advertisement!

Beautiful!

Do that with scrambled eggs, wrap in whole wheat tortilla and freeze. That's a common WW breakfast for me - prep a week's worth on Sunday and I've got breakfast after couple of minutes in the microwave at work. Only points are the tortilla, and you can find 3-4 point ones to use.

I love the pics and the ideas. I have been doing the WW since october. Down 48.3 lbs, need 22 more. My Fat ASS hit 299.8, when I decide that the only thing 300 looks good on is a bowling score sheet. It has slowed recently and I have not been as strick the last few weeks. But got to get back in the swing. I have been having sunday dinners with my wife and inviting over my mom, who is now down 30. I try to rework meals into low points. Thanks for the breakfast idea today, something new to shake it up.

I'm sorry, but I'm calling foul.

The same rule should apply here, that does in my cigar chat. Your top photo violates the rule, as a dog is partially visible, yet not fully in focus so we an enjoy the pet. Please re-submit with the dog clearly visible.

But otherwise, it looks amazing.
Thank you Justin. Here's my best pics of my Husker boy. Hopefully this gets me out of the penalty box.

WW should use your skillet pics in an advertisement!

Beautiful!
Thank you Jeremy. I copied a recipe I found on their website and it looked a lot like what I made. Only thing I did different was I added the potato.
Do that with scrambled eggs, wrap in whole wheat tortilla and freeze. That's a common WW breakfast for me - prep a week's worth on Sunday and I've got breakfast after couple of minutes in the microwave at work. Only points are the tortilla, and you can find 3-4 point ones to use.
Thank you JMack. That's a great idea.

I love the pics and the ideas. I have been doing the WW since october. Down 48.3 lbs, need 22 more. My Fat ASS hit 299.8, when I decide that the only thing 300 looks good on is a bowling score sheet. It has slowed recently and I have not been as strick the last few weeks. But got to get back in the swing. I have been having sunday dinners with my wife and inviting over my mom, who is now down 30. I try to rework meals into low points. Thanks for the breakfast idea today, something new to shake it up.
Thank you toys4dlr. I was right there with you.

Back