MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 09-22-2022, 03:39 PM   #31
Bob C Cue
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Ah, the brethren road trip sub forum! Where good threads go to die!
Thermapen Classic
Thermoworks Smoke

[I]Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast[/I].
Bob C Cue is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 09-22-2022, 04:51 PM   #32
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

I love Buc-ee's!
I stop for the nuggets, jerky and the ambiance.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 09-23-2022, 09:23 AM   #33
Robert
is One Chatty Farker

Road tripping through Texas on the way to Galveston to catch a cruise ship. Told the wife I'd try to keep it between the ditches if she'd keep her eyes peeled for a Buc-ees. "What's a buc-ees," she asked. "Only the greatest convenience store you've never heard of," I replied. Wasn't long before she spotted a billboard that said Buc-ees 282 miles. Diesel was cheap and restrooms were spotless. Left with only a small peanut pattie. On return trip home, stopped and got the best breakfast burrito I've ever had.

Fast forward a few years and road trip to San Antonio to visit wife's aunt. Stopped in Melissa, Texas at a brand new Buc-ees and got the most incredible sliced Brisket sandwich, no sauce. Smoke flavor was just right, tender and moist. Wife and MIL got pulled pork and were just meh about it. Stopped in New Braunfels for a bio break and top off fuel tank. Decided to get another sliced brisket sandwich and it was horrible. Night and day difference.

On the way home stopped in New Braunfels again to get breakfast burrito. Horrible. Stopped in Melissa to try to capture the lightning on the bottle of the first amazing brisket sandwich and it too was horrible. How does this happen? Two days difference?

Still a big fan of Buc-ees. Bought a nice straw cowboy hat made by Turner Hat company on the first trip that I'm sure no self respectin' Texan would be caught dead in and crawfish pot and burner kit made by Loco Cookers before they became popular on the next trip.

YMMV as they say.

Thanks,

Robert
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 07:34 PM   #34
sudsandswine
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I got a couple brisket tacos from Buc-ee’s this morning and thought they were pretty darn good. No sauce, just meat on tortilla. Fresh brisket on the board!
Old 09-27-2022, 06:24 AM   #35
SmokinAussie
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne)
Name/Nickname : Bill

I'll never set foot in a place that big. Costco is big enough. 120 Gas Pumps?

Lordy!

Bill
SmokinAussie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 08:50 AM   #36
Raider18
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

Back when I first started my Youtube channel and Covid was still new I did a Bucees BBQ Taste Test and tried all the sandwiches with my daughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-mtk5Gniks
Raider18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 09-30-2022, 05:51 PM   #37
bowhnter
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

I drove by a Wally’s today and stopped in on my way back. Had the sliced brisket and liked it better than buc-ees

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber kettle 22” and 26”
Weber Genesis
Blackstone 22 and 36
Weber Jumbo Joe for the RV
Ooni Pro Pizza Oven

Join us for the South East Bash in Lebanon, Tn. May 4, 2024 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...p=drivesdk)%5D
Bash planning thread here https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=305951
bowhnter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 10:12 PM   #38
Sid Post
is One Chatty Farker

Unfortunately, depending the people running things at the time, you can get a totally different experience from one day to the next.

You can tell the people passionate about what they are making and those that are just earning a pay check.