December **SPECIAL** "Rib Roasts and/or Holiday Feasts"(Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Jan. 6th!

8Swf9dkNcfPyry9Y9

This is an entry!

I’m not sure why, but I didn’t do a rib roast this year :confused: but a local market had cold water lobster tails and filet mignon on sale, so that’s what we had for dinner last night :).

I butterflied the lobster tails and cooked them on the grill, and put a Grill Grate panel on to cook the filets. I also made Cauliflower Rice ‘Risoto’

DD02-B5-DB-32-C0-43-E3-8766-CBB51823659-A.jpg

B61-E3243-E25-E-4-A64-A6-E1-CB4-A8-D4726-A4.jpg

40-D701-C5-BE8-B-4-EF4-B351-CD4-E9328-D078.jpg

Please this picture!

Here is my 1st Throwdown post, and my 1st attempt at smoked prime rib. 3.5 hours on the WSM, pulled at 129 IT. Salted yesterday morning, and hit it with SPOGOS this morning. A little mesquite and pecan.for smoke. Anyhow, I was damned happy with the result!

Please accept this picture as my Throwdown entry.

Last edited:
Christmas Prime rib / 2x Smoked spiral ham

Would like to enter this for the prime rib throw-down....Okay guys 1st prime rib EVER ! seasoned with code 3 grunt rub , lil rosemary. Spiral 2x smoked ham season with Heathriles honey choplite rub , glaze was raspberry jelly cooked down added Tillmans apple choplite BBQ sauce. Turned out AMAZING !

Last edited:
This is an entry

Here's our Christmas day Roast

Choice roast, bones removed and then tied back on. Salted it the day before and left in the fridge to dry brine.

KBFj3yv.jpg

On the shirley at 200-225 for a few hours. Garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt pepper, cayenne

snqMMYB.jpg

Done. Pulled at 125, Rested 1 hour, topped with compound butter (after this pic, you can see it in the sliced pic)

N2R3LRa.jpg

Please use this image for my entry.

Fl0osQ6.jpg

I would also like to submit this one for the prime rib throw down. Thank you

Hey Jason, Great entry. It looks like both photos are of the same cook, so please let me know which one you would like to use. If I do not hear from you I will use the second photo you submitted.

Thanks

Here is My 1st entry into the "Rib Roasts and Holiday Feasts" throwdown.

For Christmas Dinner, I bought a whole rib roast. First I trimmed the cap off to use later. Then I cut it into two smaller roasts. I removed the bones before giving it a good sear on all sides. I Rubbed it well with salt and pepper and tied the bones back on then threw it on the smoker.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 260
Here is my second entry in this throwdown. Please use the first pic as my entry photo.

I trimmed the cap off the Christmas prime rib roast and rolled and tied it.
For dinner on New Year's day I rubbed it with salt and pepper and smoked it in the stick burner at 250 till the internal temp hit 130.
I pulled it and let it rest. Then I sliced it into thick medallions and pan seared them.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 260
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 61
It's no prime rib

Please accept this as my humble entry into this TD.

Well it's no prime rib but it sure was tasty!

Picked up a rack of pork (pork rib roast) from Costco. Trimmed it, coated with coarse kosher salt over night, rinsed, covered it all up with Oakridge Secret Weapon and smoked it in the kettle with mesquite lump and cherry wood for smoke. Then a quick reverse sear. It was smokey, juicy and the Secret Weapon was perfect for it.

The cook thread can be found here. https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278035

X1nywx9l.jpg

Thanks.

Hey Jason, Great entry. It looks like both photos are of the same cook, so please let me know which one you would like to use. If I do not hear from you I will use the second photo you submitted.

Thanks

1st one submitted please , with the mop brush

Rib Roast TD

[FONT=&quot]Please accept this as my entry into this Throwdown.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Four bone rib roast, bones removed, reverse seared. The char turned out great, and I used the bones to make a gravy. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please use the last picture for my entry.[/FONT]

Attachments

• Roast TD 1.jpg
    Roast TD 1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Roast TD 3.jpg
    Roast TD 3.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Roast TD.jpg
    Roast TD.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 236
Please accept this as my entry into this Throwdown. Smoked a Ribeye Roast on the Pit Barrel for New Years Eve.

IMG-8648.jpg

IMG-8649.jpg

IMG-4711.jpg

*Please use the last image for voting.

Last edited:
OK folks, that's a wrap! Poll coming soon...

Back