Best Offset Smoker for under $1,000?

As noted on their website...

BBQQueens.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Can you use charcoal in a pellet smoker? I heard some pit masters use a few roaring chimneys of KBB into their stick burners to get a nice smoke ring. I am considering a pellet smoker because i hear they produce great clean wood smoked flavor. I could be misinformed though.

It is possible to put a briquette by the firebox on some pellet smokers, but I have never found a lack of a smoke ring from my pellet cookers. The fire is 100% wood and it is burning cleanly, so the smoke flavor is lighter, but the nitrates/nitrites are still present, so smoke ring formation occurs.

I’m Curious How this One didn’t make your List.........?

https://www.amazon.com/Dyna-Glo-DGO...glo+offset&dpPl=1&dpID=31fmmjAO-TL&ref=plSrch

:twitch:

A coworker just got that for a wedding present and was asking me questions. I was giving him some things I learned from my Bandera. It's his first smoker, and he's excited to use it, which is awesome. But if feel like he'll be asking me for smoker buying advice before too long.

I have to admit I went to that link and was pretty surprised by every single recommendation as well. That's the perfect example of not believing everything you read on the interwebs!

I do believe that you can make good food on anything. But some cookers sure do make it more difficult!

Boathouse Offset

27067592_1982035648727914_6241404427017049483_n.jpg

27066973_1982035668727912_6021874463162932900_n.jpg

buy used, that way you will be able to get a much better smoker, just be patient and flexible when it comes to the brand. I got a great deal on an used bubba grill (porch model).

Guys, I appreciate the feedback, but this post of mine is almost a year old. Someone
else resurrected it.....not me. I've long moved on and have all the smokers I can handle right now (or on the way). SmittyJonz correctly summarized my situation above, he's a sharp cookie! :)

Back