first cook on my Shirley patio and weeping ribs cook

Sweet cooker and the right person to own it. Nothing beats Q off of an offset. Congrats!

thanks. at one point in time I was a wood snob. then life happened. kids and such. I sold my okie joe in a giant purge of stuff with the idea that I would buy an upgrade. I almost pulled the trigger but had doubts. a week after I backed out my furnace went and with it my budget for a cooker. then before I knew it the dollar tanked and I felt priced out of the high end cooker market. I came close a few other times but never pulled the trigger. this one was too close and clean to let pass.

I'm back burning wood again...I have a load of cherry and oak being delivered this evening. now I have to decide what to cook this weekend. Sunday is st Patrick day...maybe cheater pastrami?

Good things come to those who wait!

Congrats!!

thanks. at one point in time I was a wood snob. then life happened. kids and such. I sold my okie joe in a giant purge of stuff with the idea that I would buy an upgrade. I almost pulled the trigger but had doubts. a week after I backed out my furnace went and with it my budget for a cooker. then before I knew it the dollar tanked and I felt priced out of the high end cooker market. I came close a few other times but never pulled the trigger. this one was too close and clean to let pass.

I'm back burning wood again...I have a load of cherry and oak being delivered this evening. now I have to decide what to cook this weekend. Sunday is st Patrick day...maybe cheater pastrami?

I hear you. I don’t have the time and sometimes the same drive like I used too because I have a lot on my plate now. I have 2 cu ft of post oak in the back of my truck I bought last summer that I can’t get the cooking with lol.

Pastrami sounds good. Hoping to smoke some beef back ribs this weekend.

Still have the 007?

I do. the drum has rusted out...it doubled as my standard uds. it still works fine as the 007 but I have plans to build a new one. with the pace I take it should be done in a year or 2. just got a load of oak and cherry yesterday. weekend is busy with family plans so I may have to audible to a shorter cook. maybe a fatty and some conecuh...should have threw a fatty on for my first cook anyhow.

the 007 makes the best chicken I've ever had hands down

I do. the drum has rusted out...it doubled as my standard uds. it still works fine as the 007 but I have plans to build a new one. with the pace I take it should be done in a year or 2. just got a load of oak and cherry yesterday. weekend is busy with family plans so I may have to audible to a shorter cook. maybe a fatty and some conecuh...should have threw a fatty on for my first cook anyhow.

the 007 makes the best chicken I've ever had hands down

I’ve seen the chicken. :hungry: really liked the octoforks.

Keith was going to send me the octo prototype way back but our friendship fell apart. :-D

I’ve seen the chicken. :hungry: really liked the octoforks.

Keith was going to send me the octo prototype way back but our friendship fell apart. :-D

I just talked with him last weekend. he's a nomad now.

it's set I'm doing chicken sausage and a fatty this weekend

I hear you. I don’t have the time and sometimes the same drive like I used too because I have a lot on my plate now. I have 2 cu ft of post oak in the back of my truck I bought last summer that I can’t get the cooking with lol.

You know, You COULD make a trip out to the desert with that post oak. I can guarantee you there will be beer and whiskey of your choice on hand Upon arrival. :-D

But in all seriousness, I feel you guys. Been working on career development for the last 12 months. I’m burnt out and feel like I’m neglecting my recently acquired cooker. I’m genuinely happy to see people enjoying their hobby/passion. While I reevaluate my career path, I’m gonna carpe diem the food side of things.

smoke ninja------ Brother when i saw you got that stick burner i started smiling....you are a great cook and you will make us look good:grin:... as far as why we use pipe... well i want even try and explain... but it works well for us.... i told Tyler a couple years ago if we came up with a cooker with a small footprint, that would hold a lot of meat and priced fairly it would sell like hotcakes..... this has been true as we have sold a few hundred of the 36's .....

smoke ninja------ Brother when i saw you got that stick burner i started smiling....you are a great cook and you will make us look good:grin:... as far as why we use pipe... well i want even try and explain... but it works well for us.... i told Tyler a couple years ago if we came up with a cooker with a small footprint, that would hold a lot of meat and priced fairly it would sell like hotcakes..... this has been true as we have sold a few hundred of the 36's .....

love ya brother. im proud to know you and proud to have a cooker with the Shirley name on it. there's something special about those young men...every time I see them in your videos I think of how proud you must be of them boys.

we had a busy family weekend but at the end I managed to get a cook in.

the center piece of the of the meal was 2 lbs of conecuh
sausage

gotta break in a new cooker with a couple fattys

and what would this cook be without a few abts

and finally to fill out the session I bought a bunch of chicken.

in order to get conecuh I have to drive a few miles into Detroit proper. they just don't sell it in the suburbs. another thing you can get in the city is trays of nothing but flats. they sell just dummies too but who would ever do such a thing

so here was my plate. we had some sides but I didn't bother. that's hot English mustard on the fatty

That looks amazing Steve. Great color especially the chicken. Love that fine china too

love ya brother. im proud to know you and proud to have a cooker with the Shirley name on it. there's something special about those young men...every time I see them in your videos I think of how proud you must be of them boys.

we had a busy family weekend but at the end I managed to get a cook in.

the center piece of the of the meal was 2 lbs of conecuh
sausage

gotta break in a new cooker with a couple fattys

and what would this cook be without a few abts

and finally to fill out the session I bought a bunch of chicken.

in order to get conecuh I have to drive a few miles into Detroit proper. they just don't sell it in the suburbs. another thing you can get in the city is trays of nothing but flats. they sell just dummies too but who would ever do such a thing

so here was my plate. we had some sides but I didn't bother. that's hot English mustard on the fatty

Brother i knew from jump street that you would smash those cooks right out of the park... and the proof is in the pudding!!!!... Thx for the kind words and yes i am proud of the boys... main thing is they have character and that makes me smile big time...We/Us have come a long way from dragging material around with a logging chain and a truck.... Me just put in a high definition plasma table which is a game changer!!!!

Back