Do any of you use a Cambro for resting meat?

shnmclr

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I've been using my cooler for years to rest Pork Butt and Brisket, but I'm considering getting a cambro or something similar that will hold a full size hotel pan. Are any of you doing something similar? and if so how do you like it?

I do. Fits half and full size pans in and can rack up multiple pans. Makes it much easier than the cooler, towels etc etc.

I have as well, I like it because I can also then use it to transport-which I often do for family functions.

The one thing to point out, is that it's not a magical device. If you just put a single pork shoulder in there you will want to have it pre-heated, or else it won't hold temp miraculously. This isn't a concern if you fill it up, but I generally warm it with some fire bricks ahead of time.

I have this size and really like it. If you pre chill it with a pan of ice, then add a new pan of ice it doubles as a cooler to.

To03zkM.jpg

I got one of the Cambro go boxes. It is much lighter than the plastic ones and holds temp.just as well.

The convenience of being able to slide full hotel pans in and out is amazing if you are doing a lot of.meat, or a bunch of different types of meat.

I got the full size one, and they sell a divider if you are only doing one you can make the interior of box much smaller.

I have 4 Cambro's and I highly recommend them.
I use them for catering and take 2 of them to BBQ Comps.

They can hold stuff to keep them pipping hot or even hold things to keep them cool.

I even use them for family holiday dinners. I put my wife's casserole dishes in them to keep warm while other items are still in the oven.

They are expensive and by all means NOT a must have but it sure makes thing easier and I sure enjoy mine.

Another example is I am doing pulled pork this weekend for pick up orders. I will get everything done early and have them prepackaged then hold them in the cambros until customers arrive.

I've got two mounted on my bbq trailer. Works great woth SS hotel pans. Disposable aluminum pans need some support.

I have the Carlyle version.

Works like a charm!

I bought one to use for resting meats and I was impressed at how well it worked. My wife even wanted one to use as cold storage for Thanksgiving, we just put a tray of ice in the top slot. She makes up dishes the day before in hotel pans and keeps them cold in the Cambro overnight. Works great.

It is really nice to have multiple slots to slide pans into.

I have two Carlisle's for comps. I keep my meat cool in them while I'm trimming, then use them as warmers while waiting for turn in. They were pricey,,, but worth it if competing.

Back