Bandera in Broken Arrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chadwell.bandera

Hello all,

I just recently purchased a Bandera after doing quite a bit of research (including info from this site). Haven't done any of the suggested mod's but they are on my list once I get get the material. I've seasoned my smoker and am thinking labor day weekend will be my first try at smoking some grub with this bad boy.

I live in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, I am happy to see such a good community of bandera brethren, including some good Okies like myself :)

chadwell, Welcome Brother. Firegrate is mod #1, followed by the baffle. Get those two mods done and you'll save a lot of fuel and frustration.
A good temporary measure for the fire grate is to invert the factory supplied fire grate and rotate it 90 degrees and set it on the lowest set of tabs in the firebox (Thanks kpndsl). This will give you good ashroom and air circulation and get the fire up nearer the smokebox.
Don't hesitate to ask questions and share what you learn along the way.

Welcome on board!

Lived for about 13 years in New Mexico and did a lot of travel through O.K.

I'm new to the site as well as new to the Bandera. I have used mine without any mods yet and she'll do it but you'll do a lot of tending to her.

Good Luck and again Welcome!

Rusty

Glad to have you! As KC said, do a firegrate & baffle mod before you cook, even if they're temporary. A lot easier....

Hey Chadwell-welcome! I'm down just east of OKC so we're pretty close.
You want something easy to try on a weeknight? Smoke a fatty! Any big breakfast sausage log will do, and it only takes an hour and a half or so. Run a search on the forums and you'll find it straight away.

Good to see ya!

Arlin

Heyas heyas, welcome aboard!

I have done some of the easier mods with one more left, that being the firegrate mod. As stated earlier, I use the inverted stock firegrate method and it works great!

Jump on in and join the foray, we dont bite. Let the information start a flowin'

Smoking a fatty

I'm glad I looked over the FAQ otherwise I might have been a little confused by your smoking a 'fatty' reference Arlin. I really hadn't given that much thought but it sounds like a great idea. And I can just throw it in there with anything else I'm smokin' :) sweet!

Also, it's great to see so many active brewers in the forum. Sadly I haven't been able to convince myself to brew a batch in about 2 years. It's just to time consuming. :(

Re: Smoking a fatty

chadwell.bandera said:
Sadly I haven't been able to convince myself to brew a batch in about 2 years. It's just to time consuming. :(

Seems to me to be the ultimate combination - brewing and consuming.

Welcome Chadwell,

We're finally getting some okies to come out of the woodwork. Do I see an okie brethern bash in the future? Hope you enjoy this site as much as I have.

Welcome Chadwell,
Ive got oak and pecan if your ever in need Okie brother

Welcome aboard Chadwell. Enjoy what you learn and share what you know. It's the way of the brethren.

Welcome my new brother!

Yep! seems like we're always doing one or the other! :)

Welcome! Time to consider a Big12 chapter it seems.

Solidkick said:
Welcome my new brother!

Yep! seems like we're always doing one or the other! :)

Or both at once!!

Welcome Chadwell

Welcome, Chadwell I broke down in Broken Arrow over 25 years ago lost $2500 in poker. Caught the SOB cheating the next night wanted to break both his legs. Had to settle for getting my money back. Don't play cards any more. But glad your with us.

An Okie brethern bash sounds like a good idea. We might even let in that stinkin' Longhorn Jorge :)

Hook 'em Horns!
Go Pokes!

And thanks for the oak and pecan offer CWF. I'm currently trying to secure a supply of hickory for next year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back