Brat recipe?

MRH

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I shot a wild turkey the other day and was thinking I might grind the meat and make some brats. Does anybody have a good recipe they would share? I would have looked in the recipe section, but it appears I am too new without enouugh posts to see it yet.

Thanks,
Mark

never ate wild turkey, prefer to drink mine LOL. I guess if it was me, I would just google "chicken sausage" or "turkey sausage" recipes and see what ya come up with. I'd probably add some pork fat or fatty bacon to it too keep it moist.

I figure I will add half pork to it. Thanks for the links I will give them a look. I figured that somebody out there has already done this and had a brat recipe that worked real well with turkey.

Mark

I would avoid using any of the fat from the turkey (if there is any) as I have found that wild turkeys can have some gaminess in the fat... got one yesterday that literally looked like dark yellow butter was clumped in pockets around the thighs & breast.

I always trim off all that fat. I have roasted them, grilled them, and cured a breast like a ham, it was very good. Thought this time I would try something different.

Mark

Back