Saturday Brisket Cook PRON

bobaftt

is one Smokin' Farker
I cooked my second brisket on Saturday. I got up a little late so I figured on this being a Sunday lunch kind of Brisket. I woke up around 9:00 and got the brisket on around 10. I got the smoker settled in at 260 by 12:45 and then had a few errands to run. Left the wife in charge and ran off with the smoker chugging along. Got home to find the fire out and the temperature in the meat falling Well shoot that means this is going to be a tough piece of meat :icon_sick. Got the coals going again and threw on some more wood around 4:00 and finally got the temps above 200 by 5:00 with it settling in around 245 this time. Took the Brisket off around 9 with the intent being to rest until around 11 slice and go to bed (after snacking a bit) but then at 10:30 a substation blew and we lost power. I ended up chucking the whole thing into the fridge and went to bed. Sliced that bad boy up Sunday afternoon and was pleasantly surprised it was very tasty and not particularly dry. I used some magic dust from peace love and bbq mixed with an extra tablespoon of salt, Garlic and a heavy sprinkle of onion powder.
P1300090.jpg

P2010092.jpg

P1300088.jpg

P2010093.jpg

Last edited:
Considering all your difficulties, turned out looking pretty good.

yeah I pulled it from the Fridge and sliced it. I chopped most of it up for chili. I love brisket in Chili. I also shredded some for tacos mm mm good :)

Back