MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:07 AM   #1
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Cooking & NOT Cooking this Weekend

Mothers Day is Sunday, so I'll be cooking some of my MIL's favorites. Barbecued chicken wings and thighs and either some short ribs or a chuck roast cooked "Joe Style". A side of cream corn or the barbecued cabbage and a big salad of some sort. I'm also trying out a new recipe for cheese scones, and since they are from scratch I may have to sit back and supervise Mrs. t

There are some things I will NOT be cooking. Why? Well here is a little reminder.... On Saturday May 12th my letter carrier (and yours too) will be picking up donations of non-perishable foods like any canned items, rice, cereal, pasta or juices. (NO glass containers).

It's called the Letter Carriers Food Drive. It's EASY.....Just set a bag or two near your mailbox on Saturday.

I may even surprise my mailman with a brat and a Pepsi. And maybe a couple of Motrin.

Barbecuist ~ Charcuterist ~ KCBS Master Judge & CTC
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal, SnS Deluxe Kettle

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity” ~ Abraham Lincoln
thirdeye is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 08:40 AM   #2
jt
Babbling Farker

Sunday is my boy's 5th Birthday party (yesterday was the real day). I'm doing pork butts and homemade ice cream (of course! ). Bill, you coming down?

Spicewine, 2 Dutch Ovens, Weber OTP, 18 " Weber Kettle, White Mountain Ice Cream Freezer, Whirly Pop, Cast Iron Hot Dog cooker, and a 15 year old. Moink.

RIP - my NB Bandera

"Sweet Blue to all" - E

jt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 10:02 AM   #3
icemn62
Babbling Farker

Since she is going to be out of town to visit her Mother, I think I will just do a couple o racks of ribs. Fatty, Chuck Roast, Grill some burgees, smoke a meatloaf and just about every other hunk o meat in the freezer. I love being left alone with no honey-dos.

I AM LOVING THE SMOKE

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
icemn62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 10:05 AM   #4
Bill-Chicago
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt View Post
Bill, you coming down?
Funny thing is, my daughter will be in Springfield MO Sunday.

I'll have her bring me back a WC burger box full. Peach Onion please

The death of "willkat98"

Me: If you aren't woke, that means you're still sleeping, right?
Kid today: That's racist!

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Bill-Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote