THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L

lcbbq

I purchased an older wsm today. The guy thought it was around 20 years old. When I was loading it in my car I noticed it looked like it only had one grill grate in it. My question is have you ever heard of a 18" wsm having only 1 grate in it instead of 2? I thought they all came with 2.

They all come with 2. The top grate sits on one set of brackets up by the lip, the lower one sits on the bracket that also holds the bowl.

I'm assuming the only one you have is the one with the handles (top grate). You can order a replacement lower level grate from Weber directly. I think some people have used the replacement charcoal grate for the 22' grill, which you can get from Lowes or HD. I'm not sure if it's an exact match though.

Editted to add: It's Weber part 70701. Should be about $20.

Thanks for the responses. I cant wait to set it up and take a look. Just trying to figure out a way to sneak it by the wife, she isnt going to approve of the purcahse.

I use a top rack in the middle, they're easier to find at HD(and cheaper too i think) and easier to rotate food if need be. the rack is a touch bigger and sits on the bolts,ill never buy a middle rack again.

There is usually 2 letters stamped on the vent of the lid. "AA" would be 2011. There is a list of what year the letters correspond to out on the Virtual Webber Bullet site.

Back