MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-14-2019, 04:15 PM   #91
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

I'm waiting on Thermoworks DOT. No app no WiFi- just a quality instrument. I hesitate d and lost on the Pink DOT sale a while back. I'm patient.

Thanks from:--->

Old 02-14-2019, 04:18 PM   #92
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking Cajun View Post
for $5, I would have to pick it up!
I bought 3 or 4 of the igrill minis... still almost bought one of these.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2019, 04:22 PM   #93
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason TQ View Post
Stop spending my money............but for $5 this is actually saving money . I will be checking stores tomorrow. Doesn't show quantity, but says in stock

The one near my house (as well as the one a couple of miles away) literally had a shelf of them on the clearance rack for that price. I thought about grabbing one just because, but I was picking up a brickseek $9 Weber iGrill the day I saw them. I'm going to my local store tomorrow, and I'll feel bad if I don't grab one now.

Old 02-14-2019, 04:43 PM   #94
Huskres
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason TQ View Post
Stop spending my money............but for $5 this is actually saving money . I will be checking stores tomorrow. Doesn't show quantity, but says in stock

Junk. Read the reviews
Huskres is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2019, 04:56 PM   #95
dadsr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Adams View Post
I'm waiting on Thermoworks DOT. No app no WiFi- just a quality instrument. I hesitate d and lost on the Pink DOT sale a while back. I'm patient.
I like mine. I have a second probe to measure cooker temp during the first half of the cook to make sure things are stable, then I switch to the meat probe without opening the cooker. The display is large enough to read out the window.

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-15-2019, 01:05 PM   #96
70monte
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmad View Post
Got one for $59 yesterday.
1 left at Arnold (STL) Walmart.
These are $74 at my Walmart.

Old 02-15-2019, 01:44 PM   #97
Mike in Roseville
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

Brickseek said a local store had 2 bags of Western Pecan chunks left in stock at $3 each. I was going to be by there anyway, so I decided to check.

Sure enough...the slot were they should have been was empty...but, a closer look they were hiding behind the hickory chunks one space over.

Success!
Mike in Roseville is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2019, 02:21 PM   #98
toymaster
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Turkey Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Roseville View Post
Brickseek said a local store had 2 bags of Western Pecan chunks left in stock at $3 each. I was going to be by there anyway, so I decided to check.

Sure enough...the slot were they should have been was empty...but, a closer look they were hiding behind the hickory chunks one space over.

Success!
I bet you ruined somebody's day that was trying to hide them until he could come back and buy them without wifey ....not saying I've ever done that.
Beam's SG-01 Offset Smoker (Brenda), Chargriller Akorn (Vanessa), Backwoods Party (Victoria), Humphrey Weeble (Deedra), Brinkmann Grill King Deluxe (Baby), Weber Smokey Joe (Gretchen), Mini BGE (Keisha)

USMC - Not as lean, not as mean - Still A MARINE!
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly
toymaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2019, 03:27 PM   #99
Mike in Roseville
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymaster View Post
I bet you ruined somebody's day that was trying to hide them until he could come back and buy them without wifey ....not saying I've ever done that.
Haha!!! Maybe?? They’ve been listed on there for a few days so I don’t feel bad. Brickseek is a mixed bag. Sometimes they stuff on there is actually in the store...hiding. Other times, it’s nowhere to be found. One store up the road shows something pretty epic in stock. I called a few days ago and they said no dice. I’ll head up that way next week to get an oil change on my car...and to check that store for sure.
Mike in Roseville is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2019, 05:42 PM   #100
16Adams

Weber fans. Check Brickseek Lowes. Premium Kettle 22 half off. Cowboy all natural hardwood briquettes 4.99

Charcoal was searched and located by three employees on top rack of garden center still shrink wrapped. A long way from bbq section. 14.2# bags

Last edited by 16Adams; 03-03-2019 at 05:07 AM..
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2019, 06:07 PM   #101
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

BS screwed me today. Showed 2 Performers in stock on clearance. Went inside...zero. pulled up BS to have someone check the barcode and it didn't even list the store.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2019, 06:24 PM   #102
16Adams

I don't need additional charcoal. I don't.

Last edited by 16Adams; 03-03-2019 at 05:08 AM..
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2019, 06:24 PM   #103
charrederhead
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Pete

Quote:
Weber fans. Check Brickseek Lowes. Premium Kettle 22 half off. Cowboy all natural hardwood briquettes 4.99

Charcoal was searched and located by three employees on top rack of garden center still shrink wrapped. A long way from bbq section. 14.2# bags

We're in a seriously good moment for charcoal. At even only .35/#, this great deal ranks only about 3rd or 4th best for me. High times!

Old 02-15-2019, 07:49 PM   #104
dadsr4

Quote:

So it's a scavenger hunt on a retail level?

Old 02-15-2019, 08:41 PM   #105
guero_gordo
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:

Not what you're looking for, but bluedot(+bluetooth) is currently $58.50 on the website